Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Copper John Sights

Old 03-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Copper John Sights

I was thinking about getting a new sight for mainly for 3-D shooting. Im leaning towards the Copper John Deadnuts 3 Pro. I was jut wondering if anyone has used one before or if anyone could give me some feedback on that sight. I would appreciate it.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:09 PM

Default RE: Copper John Sights

I liked mine the first year I had it. After that I had two of the fibers snap during the summer and had to replace them. No big deal really, but I like my equipment to hold up better than that.

If you're using it strictly for 3D, I wouldn't see it as much of a problem.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I havent used it but this years copper johns sure do look good, im seriously considering one on my bow that im not allowed to talk about.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM

I'm with Dan. I had to replace two pin fibers this year also. I swapped all of my pins to the Tritium pins that can't be broken because of the way they are made and have had no problems since. Shooting 3-D should be easier on them.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive got just a plain Copper john 5pin right now......

this is what i have

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Sights/Copper_John_Sights/Copper_John_Dead_Nuts_Pro_Sight_LH/Page_1/SIG1614102.html

this is what i want to get

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Sights/Copper_John_Sights/Copper_John_Dead_Nuts_2_Hunter_Pro_Sight_4_pin_LH/Page_1/SIG2862007.html

I really like the looks of the new ones, itll be between that and the viper for me
Old 03-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Question for ya, where do you get the Tritium pins at , a pro shop or did you order them from somewhere?? I have two pins with fiber injuries and would like to put some tougher ones on my Copper johns. Other than that they are a wonderful sight.
ORIGINAL: HighCotton

I'm with Dan. I had to replace two pin fibers this year also. I swapped all of my pins to the Tritium pins that can't be broken because of the way they are made and have had no problems since. Shooting 3-D should be easier on them.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

I just posted similar, sorry for the repeat. But the fact that it extends out and back is really nice. But no matter how hard you try, no matter how well you baby your bow, the fibers break. Whether it is in the tree or at a shoot, they break and it STINKS replacing them. Here is a scenario: Hey, I have 30 minutes free, I think I will shoot my bow...Oh, the fiber on my first pin is busted. Guess I will spend my 30 minutes putting in a new fiber. Happens every 2 or 3 months. Gives me road rage. I would look at something else, spot hogg, I don't know, but something else.