Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever had a bow.....

Old 03-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ever had a bow.....

Have you ever had a bow you just can't part with?

Mine is a 2005 BowTech Allegiance..... I have bought 3 new bows since I purchased this one..... I just can't get enough of it and end up selling my newer bows and I keep shooting ole' Alley. The temptation of getting new bows is still there and I am sure sooner or later I will find a bow to replace Alley as my numer one choice, but I'm just not ready to let her go yet. She's a shooter [8D]

Fran's thread got me thinking.....

Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ever had a bow.....

Yes, and I still have it. 2002 MAthews Ultra II. I just can't find any reason to get a new bow. It shoots fast, straight, and is extremely forgiving.And it has been pretty lucky. What more could I look for?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really really liked my Patriot. I don't have it anymore, and it wasn't an ideal bow for target purposes but it was a fantastic hunting bow.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're definitely right - you do get attached to things. I was putting away the Jennings last night, knowing full well that she may never hunt again, I actually got a lump in my throat. Pathetic, I know. It was almost ceremonial.

I'd still be out there with that bow if the cam didn't look like somebody took a chainsaw to it.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny you mention it - I can't seem to part with my 05 Allegiance either. I love this bow and at this time don't see myself ever getting rid of it. I think I'm going to keep it as my primary bow through this season and look at retiring it next year, providing another bow comes along that I enjoy shooting more.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah every time I hear Fran talk about C-monster... I think of ole "mod"

Ole "mod" (modest)was my first compound I took and elk and whitetail buck with. She's old, worn, scratched, no grip, just a riser to hang onto..kind of noisey when she lets 'er rip...but she still shoots straight and hard. I like the old dual wheel bows like herself. I've pretty much replaced everything on her a time or two from accessories to strings..she gets all the hand-me-downs from all the other new bows I have filtered through since the late 80's. She came out of retirement for me in 05 to put the hurt on a nice late seasonbuck. Quick there is hope for C-monster..

I still shootthis bow quite a bit in the summer, just incase something funny happens to the Liberty...

Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have you ever had a bow you just can't part with?
You ought to see my basement.....
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yessir, I do. It's a 2003 Hoyt Razortec. I thought about selling it and couldn't do it... so I sold it to my dad for an extremely low price. That way it's still available to me and I know that it will be used and taken care of... I guess it's worth more to me senitmentally than it is dollar wise.

Don't get rid of it!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first bow I ever owned is actually one I'll never sell. My dad got it for me when I turned 13. It is a custom made by Dave Barnsdale. It has a Browning riser, but Birdseye maple limbs. It's real long, 46 1/2" axle-to-axle, but I still really like it. Fun to shoot it once a while, especially around all of the super short modern bows.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's cool Mike I wouldn't sell that one either, Birds eye maple isreally nice wood, my father had a sako 270 custom builtwith that wood...I stillhave my dads Original Allen compound and will never sell it either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.