Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever had a bow.....

Old 03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ever had a bow.....

A 2002 Hoyt Ultratec.I have lost the bug to buy bows every couple of years because of the beating you take when you sell them.My Ultratec is all I could ever ask for in a bow,and I am very comfortable and confidant with it.
I have a beautiful Remington 700 mountain rifle that I have owned for four years and have never hunted with it.It is the most expensive rifle I own and has lots of gunsmithing in it,yet my rifle of nine years is a Browning A-bolt,still a nice rifle but the most important element is that I know it so well and am so comfortable with it and for me that translates in to enjoyment and success.
There is no right or wrong of course but I personally like to have my weapon be something I know extremely well from a competency point of view and a sentimental point of view.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

The first bow I ever owned is actually one I'll never sell. My dad got it for me when I turned 13. It is a custom made by Dave Barnsdale. It has a Browning riser, but Birdseye maple limbs. It's real long, 46 1/2" axle-to-axle, but I still really like it. Fun to shoot it once a while, especially around all of the super short modern bows.
That is a really nice bow. Dave makes some good stuff. I actually spoke with him today ordering parts for the 3D bow I am currently building. Some of the custom limbs he has are truly awesome looking.
He's making some sweet laminations now too, with different colors for the laminates, look really sweet from the side. He also has a new shoot-thru bow that is pretty neat.
That shoot through bow is pretty cool, the bow I am building right now is shoot through and is using Dave's cable spreader system that he calls doovawappi's (australian for thingamajig he says.....[8D]).
Old 03-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I sold off five bows last year... but couldn't sell my Allegiance. Mine's an '06, however, but I felt the same way about her as you do your '05.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:12 PM

My Bear Greenfox and I believe my new Bear Truth will be the same.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

I guess my '05 BT Patriot. Of course I've only had it a little more than a year, but it feels like an extension of my left arm when holding it at full draw. It may sound strange but one bow I definitely should have kept is an Oneida Lite Force Magnum. It was fun to shoot, accurate and smooth.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 PM

Mine is a 1995 ProLine Riptide. That company was WAY ahead of it's time....Now my dad shoots her, but I'll NEVER get rid of that bow. It's also the one I killed my first archery deer with.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I keep mine. Sold a .22 pistol once and regretted it. Not planning on doing that again... especially my bows. Course none of my bows are high dollars ones so wouldn't havegained much anyways if I had sold them.

Tim