Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever had a bow.....

Old 03-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ever had a bow.....

Shed, my dad has 1187 we got him with a curly maple stock. Great looking gun, but you need a hired hand to carry if through the woods for you!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bow "I can't part with" at the moment is my 2007 Guardian. I've only been shooting for 2 years and the Guardian is my 4th bow.

2005 Diamond Victory (sold to buy the XT)
2006 Mathews XT (sold to buy the Drenalin)
2007 Mathews Drenalin (sold to buy the Guardian)
2007 Bowtech Guardian

Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are a wise man Primitive! Selling those Mathews was the best decision you ever made!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I think my '07 Allegiance is going to be "the one", for me. I've only taken one shot at an animal with it.............

Old 03-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

The first bow I ever owned is actually one I'll never sell. My dad got it for me when I turned 13. It is a custom made by Dave Barnsdale. It has a Browning riser, but Birdseye maple limbs. It's real long, 46 1/2" axle-to-axle, but I still really like it. Fun to shoot it once a while, especially around all of the super short modern bows.
That is a really nice bow. Dave makes some good stuff. I actually spoke with him today ordering parts for the 3D bow I am currently building. Some of the custom limbs he has are truly awesome looking.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Funny you mention it - I can't seem to part with my 05 Allegiance either.
Me too and from what I hear from the newer models the 05's are/were the best of'em
Old 03-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definetly my PSE Firestorm. 2 reason: If i part with it, i wont have another bow to hunt with. also cuz I love it, I feel like it was built for me.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a 2003 Hoyt Razortec.
Same here. I have the '03 Razortec and plan on shooting it for quite a few more years. I get my money's worth for my bows before retiring them. My last bow was an '89 Golden Eagle SuperHawk Turbo. I hunted with it for 13 years before retiring it. It's resting in my basement as I write this!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

The first bow I ever owned is actually one I'll never sell. My dad got it for me when I turned 13. It is a custom made by Dave Barnsdale. It has a Browning riser, but Birdseye maple limbs. It's real long, 46 1/2" axle-to-axle, but I still really like it. Fun to shoot it once a while, especially around all of the super short modern bows.
That is a really nice bow. Dave makes some good stuff. I actually spoke with him today ordering parts for the 3D bow I am currently building. Some of the custom limbs he has are truly awesome looking.
He's making some sweet laminations now too, with different colors for the laminates, look really sweet from the side. He also has a new shoot-thru bow that is pretty neat.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've made up my mind long ago that I'll never sell any of my guns or bows! I still have my first bow ever, an old Darton! I've made the mistake of selling a gun to by a different gun, I'll never do that again! I regret it to this day! I don't see me getting a new bow, my 05' Mighty Mite is the bow I'll be shooting for some time to come!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.