Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

C is for Cookie...

Old 03-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default C is for Cookie...

Today is a sad day. Cookie Monster has retired. Cookie Monster is my bow (named her after my old dog, Cookie Monster). Cookie Monster is a 98 Jennings Airmaster that I bought new andI'd probably takenat least 20deer with between then and now. I dropped her out of a tree (25'+), I forgot about her on the roof of my car and bounced her down the road, I held the bottom cam against the rails of my treestand and smashed my cam last year. Heck, I even forgot her at home on opening day of archery season in 05. True (and embarrassing) story. Yikes. I left her in the woods over night, used her as a brushbeater, drowned her in rainstorms, dragged her over rocks, slopped her around in the muck andmud. We got skunked together, and we killed wallhangers together. She was showing her mileage.

Long story short, I had no intention of getting a new bow. I generally use things until they are beaten and battered into submission. But, I stumbled onto a random guy looking for a fly rod, and selling a bow. I had a really nice St. Croix flyrod gathering dust in the basement, so I offered a trade, which he accepted.

I met him after work last night and picked up a fully-set-up Bear TRX32 one-cam, (04 or 05?). Anyway, the bow looks like it's never been hunted before - totally cherry.

The bow itself is probably not a significant upgrade, b/c it will be a little slower, but it does have a better brace height. The biggest plus is that it's fresh. Cookie was really showing her war scars - huge scrapes and scratches all over everything, rusted bolts,mudground into every possible crevice, string badly frayed and begging for wax, peep tubing starting to dryrot, cams dented to hell and back, blood stains in the wrist sling, sights/rest rusted into place, stabilizer hole totally stripped out, cracked pinguard, etc... Cookie Monster was a warhorse.

So, in honor of Cookie Monster, the new bow will also be named "Cookie Monster."

I just like sitting in my treestand humming that stupid song "C is for Cookie, it's good enough for me,"and going down memory lane.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: C is for Cookie...

Quik, sounds like cookie is ready for the retirement home. Good luck with the new one and post a pic of it when you get time. We want to see it before you abuse it.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Site Bouncer

Congrats on the new bow.........now try to take care of it!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 AM

Great post!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Shouldn't that be "Cookie Monster2" ?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ROFLMAO.. Quick you have a way with words... Love it.. great post.... thanks for the laughs and good luck with the new C- monster!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 AM

Sounds like one hell of a storie, i have been tossing around the idea of getting a new bow, mine is no where near the condition your old one was in, but after that, makes me go down memory lane with mine, and i dont think i want to get ride of her.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO! That was a great post. I hope you never lose anything that you "really" care about. Your resulting post would probably make me cry!

Tom
Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

or Cookie Monster too...
Old 03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

in my top 10 posts ive ever seen on my 2 years reading here and hunting net...god bless cookie monster...and cookie monster...makes me want to name my bow! good hunting...

KP

Quick Reply: C is for Cookie...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.