Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats a good Bow

Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Whats a good Bow

What are some suggestions on a bow around 500 to 550? Thats what im welling 2 pay just for the bow itself.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whats a good Bow

With that as your budget, your possibilities are pretty much endless. Find a pro shop, shoot every bow you can in that price range and choose the one that fits you best. Not everyone will agree on what brand but, everyone will agree, the one you like best is the one you should buy.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BullRider115

With that as your budget, your possibilities are pretty much endless. Find a pro shop, shoot every bow you can in that price range and choose the one that fits you best. Not everyone will agree on what brand but, everyone will agree, the one you like best is the one you should buy.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto again. It pretty much only rules out the Alpha bows from the Big Names and even then you might be able to find a few of them at the end of the year on clearance in that price range.

However, I have become a big fan of the Diamond lineup of bows. They offer an excellent combination of speed and accuracy coupled with very low noise levels. In that price range and belowI think you could look at the Justice, Triumph, Rapture and possibly the Liberty in some places. Excellent quality levels at slightly lower prices.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the new Dartons out there I tink you would be pretty darn surprised at how great they shoot!!! Walt
Old 03-23-2007, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Ditto to PABowhntr. The Diamond line-up is great. PSE has a number of very nice bows in that range and all the Fred Bear bows are right there. I shot the Bowtech Tomkat last fall and it was really nice and comes fully equipped in the price range you are looking at.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:39 AM

I would start with diamond and reflex bows. Maybe take a look at some mid priced PSE bows as well. You might want to look at bowtech, they may have a few bows in the 500 dollar range. However the daimond bows are made by bowtech and you might get a better bow for the money in that line up.

Darton is also a good bow company as well.

For 5-600 you really can't go wrong as long as the bow fits you and your needs. I honestly couldn't tell you what bows are out there for what prices though. I have not looked at new bows in a while. I do know that in my area finding a bow for 500 bucks from a pro shop might be a challenge. Most I have seen lately start around 600 for any of the new models. Even dartons are getting expensive.

I think bows today are way over priced, but hey if they can get it that is the way things work.

Paul
Old 03-23-2007, 08:54 AM

DITTO!! actually just wanted to say ditto like everyone else LOL. no but really, i have been at the pro shop looking at knew bows to buy, and i have been impressed with the diamond series of bows, seem to be pretty smooth. have not made up my mind quit yet though.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ross is deffinetly worth taking a look at. Their CR line of bows are very reasonably priced and are top notch quality bows.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would say ross but it might offend someone. So do pick what you wish.

Quick Reply: Whats a good Bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.