Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Out my back door.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Out my back door.

You know, you are one lucky man. I would love to have that where i hunt.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Pics Rob! Iget a lot of enjoyment watching deer from the house as well Thanks for the pics
Old 03-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics-I am fortunate to have them in my yard year round also. I have had as many as 30 when the snow is deep. They come & eat the corn for the squirrells & clean out my bird feeders-I think they like the bird seed better than the birds. They are only a few feet from the door.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:29 AM

It' easy to bait large numbers ofdeerduring the winters here in PA. We have alot of them. I see at least two or three every night out in my back woodlot every night but I prefer not to feed them. Supplemental winter feeding for the purpose of "viewing deer" is selfish and has very little benefit to the deer. Almost every state game or wildlife agency website will have articles discouraging supplemental feeding of deer, particularly in winter. There are numerous reasons, not the least of which is an unnatural concentrating of feeding deer in one area that could led to spread of disease. If you really want to help them in especially rough winters, cut a few preferred young trees or large limbsdown so they can accesstheir natural winter food - browse.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Nice pics Rob! its need to look out your back door and see deer...it gets my heart pumpin everytime i seem em at my house! good lookin herd too!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those are great pics Rob, That would be a sight from the back door. What is all that white stuff on the ground?? My yard already needs mowed in places.[8D]
Old 03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: onestab

It' easy to bait large numbers ofdeerduring the winters here in PA. We have alot of them. I see at least two or three every night out in my back woodlot every night but I prefer not to feed them. Supplemental winter feeding for the purpose of "viewing deer" is selfish and has very little benefit to the deer. Almost every state game or wildlife agency website will have articles discouraging supplemental feeding of deer, particularly in winter. There are numerous reasons, not the least of which is an unnatural concentrating of feeding deer in one area that could led to spread of disease. If you really want to help them in especially rough winters, cut a few preferred young trees or large limbsdown so they can accesstheir natural winter food - browse.
onestab, you hit the nail on the head, well stated!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob how much "woods" do you have behind your house?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, thanks for the pics! I just had 8 deer in my backyard .... I live near a rarely used cargo train track and I used to have a momma living there, every year seeing her with her babies ... I gues she died of old age or a vehicle got her ...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'd have to go lay in that corn and cover myself up, grab a leg when they started to eat & scare the crap out of them...

They'd forget by October...

Quick Reply: Out my back door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.