Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opinions on a few Sights

Old 03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opinions on a few Sights

Replacing my cobra sidewinder sight. Tired of the pins breaking on it, and yes I replaced them with Fitz. I am looking at the Montana Black Gold 7 pin, Viper, Apex. Want to know who has experience with these sights and what your opinions are, both pros and cons. Also any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Shane
Old 03-22-2007, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opinions on a few Sights

anyone?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

I personally have a HHA adjustable sight with one pin. I don't like a sight with a lot of pins to obstruct my view. When i get to stand i set pin to yardage i think i will have the shot at, if its different and i can change it i will, otherwise i will leave it, because i practice at different yardages with the pin not set for that yardage to see how it shoots.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

I am in the process of switching to the trophy ridge matrix 5 pin. I have hunted with a copper john dead nutz pro III. It can extend out for better accuracy and retract back in for brushhy areas. Nice feature. But the fibers broke at the drop of a hat, horrible. Very frustrating. Their pin protector add on lid was the last straw. Fix the problem, don't give me another gadget to add to list of things that can go wrong. I played with a matrix 3 pin on my backup bow all last year and really grew to love the in line feature. My analogy is that it is like a single pin sight on steroids!! It adjusts easy and without wrenches, has a dampener in it. Has .019 and .029. pin sizes. My only knock is that I like my red pin first. And I haven't had the courage to tear into it to move them around, although I am sure that you can.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:28 AM

I've got the same experience with the Cobra. I replaced it with a Sure-Loc Lethal Weapon 2m and couldn't be happier. I did have to put the lens adapter on for more pin coverage though. I noticed Spot Hogg has a 2" lens adapter that would provide great protection and Copper Jon has a lens cap like a flip open scope cover that would be ultimate for brushy country.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I used the Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it.....until I tried the Viper (predator Pro MT).

It's a MUCH better low-light sight, and every bit as durable.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ended up gong with a Viper pro 2000 micro tune, looks like a great site.

Shane
Old 03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Take a good look at the Toxonic. I love mine 3-pin.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about the Flashpoint and the Matrix I just wanted to know which one you guys liked better?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a couple Matrix's and had pin breaking problems, as did my buddy with his.

Shane

Quick Reply: Opinions on a few Sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.