Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deleted

Old 03-20-2007, 08:35 AM

Default RE: My Uncle the Poacher

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty??

This thread is not only in VERY poor taste...........but also VERY poor judgement.

I can't even imagine treating a family member that way...........all you care about is yourself. Try being supportive of your family instead of embarassing them in public because "you" need a hug.

What a revolting thread.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Doesn't happen often......but I'm in complete agreement with Atlas....

Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 AM

It seems that guys will often get compared to the likes of murderers and rapists around here at the simple mention of the 'P' word.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:57 AM

Everyone has in-laws and out-laws. Unfortunitly we have to take both with life. When you start your job do it with pride.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas, I agree and disagree with what you said.

I agree that posting this on here was probably not something I would do, because my family would not need any more public humility coming from me.

On the other hand, what happened to being responsible for your actions. This sounds like a pretty open and shut case from the article. You accuse Jeremiah about making this all about himself, but his uncle and cousin were much more selfish. Not only because they killed all those deer illegally, but also because now Jeremiahwill always get sideways glances and whispers behind his back because of what his family has done, regardless of how good of a person he is. There will always be those that judge him based on this event. His uncle didn't consider that, or how it would affect his family, let alone the black eye it leaves on the rest of the hunting community. That was irresponsibe, selfish, illegal, immoral, and just plain stupid.

Jeremiah, I feel for you and hope this does not have too much of a negative effect on you or your future plans. In the future, you may want to keep things like this under your hat though. Sometimes negative things will go away more quickly if they are not brought to light. Just my .02.

Good luck.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 AM

never been threw that JJ but you know your a better man then they are so theres no reason you should let this affect you keep your head up my friend
Old 03-20-2007, 10:12 AM

deleted