Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TEAM XX'ERS.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default TEAM XX'ERS.

Whats up fellas, its been a while. Just thought I would throw this up to see if we can still keep in touch.

Spent this last weekend at hunters saftey with my son! We WILL be hunting together this year!!! Cant wait!

Hope all is well with you guys and your family.

Bring on the Turkey

Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TEAM XX'ERS.

Staying busy here with work, home repairs, baseball practice, and a little shed hunting [8D]. I'm gearing up for spring turkey season, although I'm not sure that I'll be able to hunt more than a day or two. Good deal about the son passing the hunter safety course, I'll be taking my oldest to his classes this summer.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, it won't be long before you two old geezers will be gettin' schooled by the youngsters! LOL Just kiddin' fellas.

AR - will your boy be able to turkey hunt with you this spring? From my experience, kids LOVE turkey hunting - more action, less cold, less boring than sitting on deer stand. He'll have a blast.

BBM - You're a shed machine. You and Pottenger are puttingme to SHAME! Oh well, I'll get two mornings of shedhunting this weekend to try to close the gap.

I've had the mouth calls out a lot lately - just like riding a bike baby! I'm pretty amped about this spring.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

hey guys.
Ar-good to see the boy passing the course! I bet you are pumped.

BBM,
those were some real nice sheds. I hope to try to find some this weekend.

I seen 2 gobblers strutting the other day on a place I have permission to hunt Gotta love that.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas,

Nice bones BB! very nice!

I just got back from Boise, family B-day party and Cabelas.

I picked up a hunters safety system in the bargain cave for 54.00! Wife was happy to see I will be wearing this all next year. I owe it my kids. I went for years without wearing anything when I was younger. I dont anymore.

I also picked up a cabelas block target for 39.00, 6.00 grunt, 14.00 pair of scent lok gortex bowhunting gloves...

The store is nice but a temporary one according to the locals. They put it in an old Costco building. We really had a good time with the family there. 8 of us went in and came out with two carts full of Hunting Gear! I think I spent the least!

I have an awesome SOLO shed hunting trip planned for Sat. My brother is fishing over in hells canyon and gonna drop me off in a mule deer area that I will hike into for the entire day and look for bones. The last time I went in there was 3 years ago and my brother and I found 32 shedsin 4 hours. This is extremely steep country that most wont take the time to hike up into. I will take lots of photos. I just hope the snow has been right to push the muleys into that high basin. It will most likely be hugein #'sor nothing at all.

Take care guys, I'll be shed hunting and scouting all week here after work including today.

Troy
Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey season is a no go. He will not be 10 untill July, so he will miss this one, I will be taking my daughter on this one. /There will be time in the fall for everything else, pheasent, goose, duck, and deer after we get some bow shooting in.

Good to see all of you doing well, keep on thoes sheds!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys - I am still alive - barely!

Laurie took the boys down south 2 weeks ago and this week - give me a little more office time which I need!

J took Garrett out shed hunting, said it was a riot, after the 50th or so time that G yelled I found one, only to be a stick theytalked about waiting until the antler is in hand before the announcement. He did findhis first shed! - now he is one up on me. They will probably go out again this week as well.

Better get back after it - good luck to all out looking for bones and locating the turks!

Mike
Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right on Mike, Good for G! We got your photos of the kids yesterday in the mail bud! thanks the Helm boys are on the Pottenger fridge..front and center!

Mark have fun with your daughter!

Shed hunted last night.. abig goose egg for me,ran into some other shed hunters..bout it
Old 03-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cute kids Mike. G looks really proud to be a big brother.

Not much going on here. Got a chance to shoot my bow. Anything past 10-12 yds is a crap shoot for now. Still waiting on some new shafts to fletch up. I busted one and lost one.

I might get out for some local shed hunting this weekend. I also need to find an out of the way yet easily accessed tree to hang a stand at my good spot. I may be running on some tight schedules after work and am thinking a hang on might work. Although i HATE leaving stands where I hunt, I don't trust people. Even if they don't steal em, they know where I hunt, which I try to avoid.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike - got the pic today - thanks man, great looking pair of kids you've got there. Like Ryan said - G looks mighty proud there. Tax season is a killer for you I'm sure. Yowsers.

Rybo - I agree on the hang-ons. They're super nice to climb into on short-notice, but on the other hand - the slimeball factor around here is off the charts. They'd steal Christ off the cross and go back for the nails later.

Shedster- don't sweat the goose egg. I've been reading a little bit about guys your age, vision loss is a very normal thing among the elderly, so it's nothing to get too worried about. They say that when you get that old, your vision goes first, followed by dementia, arthritis and then alzheimer's. You might already be deaf, but just don't know it. It's very possible. LMAO J/K Take lots of pics on the muley shed hunt. Inquiring minds wanna know.

AR - your daughter ever been turkey hunting before? If not, she'll love it. I hope to see some pictures of you, her and a big ol tom this May. Tell her to start practicing her calls now.

BBM - Will the Cards take the NL Central this year?I wanna hear your bold prediction, so that when the Pirates win theWorld Series, I can mail you some crow to eat... oh.. wait... the Pirates haven't been over .500 in15 years.. nevermind.Go Redbirds!

Quick Reply: TEAM XX'ERS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.