Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TEAM XX'ERS.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TEAM XX'ERS.

If I recall correctly the other weighed 183 lbs.

I am about 40 min. 25 miles. Need a place to stay for the race? I have some floor and couch space, or if you like I have good size back yard, camper, fire pit...... we can hook you up if you need!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rybo I am little further you can stay with me
Old 06-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am about 40 min. 25 miles. Need a place to stay for the race? I have some floor and couch space, or if you like I have good size back yard, camper, fire pit...... we can hook you up if you need!!!!
Ryan needs a kleenex, he's drooling.

Speaking of NASCAR - did you guys see the new reality show that has Gabby Reese and Bill Cowher driving race cars? Watched it yesterday - there were a few parts that were kinda funny.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the kleenex, have not seen the show.

I have offered tickets in the past and had no intrests. I may be able to give up next spring race 2 tic. if someone is interested. I will also keep an ear open for the next race. I also had tic. to Lowes four of them this year.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I should have brought this up earlier. For now I have a hotel about an hour or so away. I made the reservations on those websites that you can't cancel
But if either of you would like to try and get together while I'm in the area, I'll be there from friday night to monday, where I intend to do some damage at cabelas in Dundee
Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where are you staying and when do you think you will be going to Cabelas? I would meet up with you and have a beer or something. Let me know
Old 06-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Buds,

Mark mount looks great, you've got to like seeing that big buggar hanging on the wall when you walk in..

Quick update....been MIA a few weeks... working on the place, Dee and I completely re-did the whitetail room....Tyson's bday party, big 4 year old now...built a big yard (with the dozer)then planted it for the kids play area, trampoline,swing set and dirt pile for the tonkas..the works..family has beenvisiting, we have our niece up for 1 month..headed to CO. for 10 daysand have been onlots of evening scouting missions. Saw a real pig this evening..(finally, havent seen any big big boys till tonight) right at dark. glassed him for a good 5 min. Big wide buggar..to early to tell how long his tines are...but he isspread way out on the headand hvy bodied..

Had 64 pics on my trail camera...but the danged memory card isnt reading on my puter..talked to a guy yesteday and he said he needs to check the card, ports, cord and drivers on my puter.. etc..found two more old sheds.. 94 for the year.. inching closer to 100..dang I am slow.......

Boys and I are going on a glassing trip at daylight and then bass fishing down at the lake. Its late, we just finished up a Bday party and UFC party all in one..
Old 06-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear from you Shed, dang, just under that 100 mark.....

Good to hear all is well your way
Old 06-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

caught only two bass the other day....me poor fisherman! glassed another nice buck tonight..bout 1000 yards out..big bodied and hvy tall narrow rack..had good tine lenthg already...Jess actually spotted it with the spotting scope.. the boys and I found one more shed yesterday.. on a hike searchingfor firewood...really chewed but decent 5 point.. I play a game with them, They get points for identifying animal scat/tracks, species..moose, deer, bear, turkey, elk...1 pt a piece...then buck and bull clumps..etc.. they get points for finding rubs (10)and scrapes/licking branches(10)and (50)for a shed.. the little buggars really get into it..

Today I hiked for 5 hours into three big draws and up on the mountain ridge tops.. trying to narrow down some more treestand or ground blind set-ups up on steep bedding benches that lead down to feed.... found all three springs that lead out of the draws...these are very good looking early Seasons set up spots for water whenit gets all dried out here..come late AUG....I covered a ton of federal ground today....there's a lot of it out here to decipher..no sheds today.. getting in shape for Sept elk..

oh been shooting a lot too.. had my best group at 50 yards in a long time.. today.. 3 arrows.. less than a 2 inch circle, probably just lucky LOL..... the 20, 30, and 40yardages pretty muchall stacked in tight...
Old 06-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good to hear from you Troy. Neat little game for the boys there.

I haven't been doing too much scouting yet. The one place I;ve been going to watch the fields has not had any big ones comign out. Still be shooting the longbow almost every night. There is a doe that eats the neighbors apples and watches me. It's rather ironic.
Hope everyones summer is going good.

Quick Reply: TEAM XX'ERS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.