Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TEAM XX'ERS.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TEAM XX'ERS.

Those are some nice trout Ryan. Good luck turkey hunting, I had a couple of close calls, but couldn't call them in close enough for a shot.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice feesh Rybo - 2 trout over 20" is a momentous feat around here. That definitely made for a good day. Lake or stream trout?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys. they were stream trout. I'm not a fan of lakes. That was my best 2trout in a day. I've got a fewoutings where I've caught a 20"+ & a 18"+ but never both over 20".
Old 04-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful fish Ryan! Congratulations! Were you worm fishing?spinners? wet flies?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Typical Buck

Nice Brownies Ryan - congrats!

Dave - congrats! - I remember quite well about the exciting/stressful time. Connor is almost three months old now and growing like a weed! (still not doing much sleeping at night though), but hopefully, three months is typically when that starts to tail off for colic (so I am told).

Troy - loved the journal! - that was great.

I have not made it out turkey hunting -will try to get out the next couple of weeks - keep in touch.

Mike
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like everyone is doing well. Good to hear form everyone.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

I couldnt get into my bear spot, still too much snow, Took Jess turkey hunting last thursday, we had a great time and we got a gobbler. (shotgun) pic of us in my avatar.. Journal is in on the hunt.. check it out when Justin gets it posted..

Took the boys turkey huntingthis weekend, both Jess and Tyson with the bow and arrow. Ty refused to go with a shot gun, He said its "BAMM" isway to loud. So we gave it a whirl.. called in a gobbler to about 50 yards then he caught us moving around in the brush.. Imagine that.. I saw a big old gobbler this morning just down the road from the house. We have till the 25th of May to fill our second turkey tag..

Ryan nice fish man, reminds me of the beaverhead river in Dillon MT.. browns are awesome ...

Mike thanks.. ...did you get our package for your youngster?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, sounds like everyone is doing good.

Troy, congrats on the bird, those merriams are the pretty ones of all the species. Good luck with the boys and bow in hand, you pull that off and it'll be a story to be proud of.

I busted a nice gobbler this morning. I had an amazing time. Birds gobbling continuosly all morning, in every direction but they were reluctant to come in. Finally I was set up real tight on one and was going to just keep calling softly at him when 2 gobblers started fighting just over the crest of the hill in front of me. I could not believe how loud it was. After the fight I, gave a few more clucks and up over they came. but instead of coming along the powerline in front of me, they cut in the woods to my left. I couldn't swing easily. 1st bird saw no hens and got spooky. 2nd bird didn't know what was up yet, so I brought the gun up and over the tree and he just started to spook and run away when I drilled him at 25 yds.
9" beard, 1" spurs and 21#. I'll get some pics up tonight, I am at work now.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome Rybo - not many people ever get to eyewitness a turkeyfight. Store that one in the hard drive, b/c it's one of the coolest things you can ever see in the wild. I didn't grab a second tag either, but at the rate I'm going, and as packed as my schedule has become, I may never fill the first one. LOL

Troy - Big congrats to you and Jess.The boy looks pretty amped there in the picture. Give him a pat on the back for me, tell him that you have a friend in PA who could use turkey hunting lessons.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't get too many good pics. This one is the best.

Quick Reply: TEAM XX'ERS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.