Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TEAM XX'ERS.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TEAM XX'ERS.

They do make a special backpack for the sheds that I find.

It's a little big, but I use the extra cargo space to carry my water bottle and binos.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good one Quick!Not much going on hunting wise with me, I have been getting my car ready for the new racing season. Had a good weekend this past weekend, we had our annual racecar show at the mall hee in town, and I took first place in my class, out of 9 cars. There were about 40 cars all together in all classes, so it was a great show! 2 weeks left before the start of the season, and I still have a ton of stuff to do to the car yet, dont even have the motor and tranny ion it yet. I still need to get out and do soome scouting before the first week in May, so I will be ready for the birds this year. Cant wait for that. Well, better go, have someone coming over to give me an estimate on the hous in a couple of minutes. Hope you all have been doing well.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Fran - how did you get my pack??!!??

Great pic's Troy - Hope the elk shed hunt went well also!

Best of luck on the car and season Darrin - I know those things take a lot of time and $

Had not been on since the last post - just been working.

Better get back to the returns.

Mike
Old 03-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with the rest of you as I do not need a pack to cary out sheds either. I have only found one in my hunting.

This will be my daughters first turkey hunt, I have her watch hunt viedo's and reading some articles too. She has amouth call but needs alot of work. Just one problem with all this is I almost have to make her do it... I hope in all it will make her get excited when she does see a strut'in tom. Its all about the excitement. Thats what keeps you hunting.....

Good luck on the races Darrin.

I have to get some pic.s of my in the making of my marsh blind for duck and goose. It should be ausome in the fall, I have been blowing the duck and goose calls more than turkey..... I think I am hooked////
Old 03-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ahh you guys saved me some searching by bringing this back up front.

I've just been getting ready for turkey, they've been sporadically gobbling. I patterned another gun too. I don't know why. Call me a wuss but after 5 shots I threw in the towel. I need a better recoil pad on that gun.

The new job is going alright. I don't hate it yet[8D]I am hoping to swap out my friday afternoons off to swing a morning off during the week to turkey hunt.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back to the top guys, All is well here, I picked up a coyote road kill the other day, made a cool euro mount. timely but cool.
I have been going to the doc. for a while for my shoulder and he wanted to do surgery this fri....... I made him wait untill may 9 so I can get turkey season in....
Hope all is well guys. Happy Easter
mark
Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Mark - hope all goes well (with both the turks and the shoulder!)

Ryan you big wuss - I for one did not see a recoil pad on your almost as heavy as my bow in the mountains! I guess I am gonna have to drag you PA boys out here to get you to throw arrows at the longbeards!

Troy - we want to see some BIG bones!

Take care guys - I'm off to sleep
Old 04-04-2007, 03:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I tried the bow thing last year for turkeys, I'm not that god yet. I have to take advantage of the one or two I do call in.
And speaking of turkeys, I went and knocked on some doors. Didn't gain any access, mostly because the places were already going to be hunted a lot. (which is fine, I'd rather not hunt heavily hit places anyway) There were a few houses that no one was home, that I'll need to try back at. There were deer everywhere, probably saw 40-50. And in talking to the one guy, there was a big 8 and a big 10 that made it thru the season
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good scouting Rybo, keep at it something will pan out. I am waiting a little longer for the weather to break. We are getting snow right now!!!! 60 to 30 in one day.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Darren - you better watch out racing those cars - gonna hurt yourself! By the way, take some pictures of that machine. I wouldn't mind checking it out. You guys sink a lot of time and effort into getting a car ready.

Mark - snowing here today. [>:] Putting a damper on my outdoors activities. Booooooo.

Mike - if I had the vacation time, I'd definitely come out there and exterminate some tomtoms. I've got a bad case of spring fever right now. How are the kids doin'?

Ryan, you nancy. Man up and sling some lead. LOL J/K - I can only handle about 5 shots out of that 3.5"er before my head starts pounding. I'd rather sit down and fire a whole box of shells out of the .300wby than just one of those turkey shells. Speaking of recoil, remind me to tell you about the time I almost killed myselfshooting the 10 gauge at a turkey.

Troy has been M.I.A. for a while - he must be wallowing in sheds right now. I'm jealous. I admit it.

Quick Reply: TEAM XX'ERS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.