Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Convince me boys...Enigma, Predator, or ASAT

Old 03-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Convince me boys...Enigma, Predator, or ASAT

Well, I want to invest in some UNINSULATED camo for Colorado. Since I am moving out there, I want to have a set ofUNINSULATED camo that I can layer underneath. I am mostly going to be hunting in South Western and Central Western Colorado, but I might wander a bit.
I have been loyal to Predator for years, and it will take a lot of convincing to make me buy otherwise. That is where you guys come in. What are the proc/cons of each pattern. Please dont just say, "Buy Enigma". Tell me why you think that pattern is best.
This thread should be entertaining.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Convince me boys...Enigma, Predator, or ASAT

Well, I have never owner Predator or Asat. I have owned Enigma for about 3 weeks. So take my .02 for what its worth, 2 cents. I really like this Enigma. The Wolfskin material is TOUGH! I hunt in a lot of mesquites. These things have thorns that will shred other materials. The wolfskin goes right through it. I also like the fact that it is water resistant. I got caught out in a rainstorm with it on and stayed bone dry. I think it should be called waterproof rather than resistant. Another feature I really like, and you will too for layering is the velcro arm straps. Put as many layers on under it as you want and then cinch up the straps nice and snug and no worries about bowstring interference. I got my pants with the double knees and seat for added toughness and the BDU shirt with double elbows patches. As tough as this stuff is I expect it to last a lifetime. Also lest I forget, I bought mine from dwd2001 and the customer service was outstanding!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think our most entertaining threads on this topic have been played out...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1672863&mpage=1&key=predator%2ce nigma&#1673418

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1648192&mpage=1&key=predator%2ce nigma&#1648247

There were others, and the best thread is now a part of cyberspace, but I think the "entertainment value" has been lost for most...
Old 03-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just go with a full beard and some red and black flannel.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's very important that you make the decision for yourself based on what YOU will be doing with it. Enigma, ASAT, and Predator have all proven effective patterns. It's no secret that open patterns will outperform standard dark based patterns in just about all situations.

I was in about the same situation as you last fall and I based my decision on a couple of things, one being that I was on a confined budget to purchase an extremely versatile camo. These werefour of my most important criteria: Adjustability for all temperatures, material durability and quietness, customizationand fade resistant clothing.

The adjustability factor was won hands down by Enigma. I purchased an ASAT leafy suit that I liked but it was too big in warm weather and not large enough for many layers in extreme cold conditions.

For material durability and quietness, I wanted Wolfskin material which was offered by both Enigma and Predator. ASAT didn't work for this criteria.

Customization, I wanted clothing that was made for ME and not for the general public since the human body type is anything but consistant. I found a company that would sew Predator for me but the price was waaaay out of my range. Enigma scored another point here.

Fade resistant clothing was important to me because I didn't want to have to buy new stuff each year, due to several washings causing the stuff to fade. Cotton and wool were out in this regard and Wolfskin again was the only option.

From these criteria I chose Enigma because it fit all of my needs and I could not be happier. We can't make the decision for you, but if you figure out what you want your camo to do it will help you make the best choice.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:03 PM

Pretty much all the same if you ask me. What's more important is the material they are made of.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

What's more important is the material they are made of.
I believe it is important also. I just saw the new Realtree AP at Gander Mtn. Impressive camo and contrast in their water resistant pants/jacket, but the same camo on cotton didn't look much different than hardwoods.....too dark for my taste.

Campo, I too will be buying a new suit soon. Just waiting to visit Cabelas to check out the Outfitter camo in microtec. Wish I could see Enigma firsthand. I hate buying camo and trusting the pictures.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:35 PM

After seeing black and white pictures of the predator, I'm convinced of the fall gray.

Cabelas has there's on sale (had it on sale recently anyways) so I picked up an uninsulated scent lok coat for $59
Old 03-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Pretty much all the same if you ask me.
Thats what I've been saying about Mossy Oak for years. Worst camo designs on the market IMO, but popular due to being in stock in almost any store.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:38 PM

All 3 are EXCELLENT choices...I went w/ the Enigma for 2 reasons...ok, maybe 3. First, quality. Top shelf stuff, built w/ the bowhunter in mind. Second, customization. All kinds of options are available.....Third.....this photo is why...

Quick Reply: Convince me boys...Enigma, Predator, or ASAT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.