Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feedback on The Mathews Drenaline

Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Feedback on The Mathews Drenaline

My brother in law just ordered one and had heard from dealer that someone said that they were'nt as accurate because of the slimlimb technology any feedback will be greatly appreciated!! Oh by the way he shot one threetimes using a kid'srelease and drilled three bulls!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Feedback on The Mathews Drenaline

It looks like you answered your own question.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is a really good bow, but it seems to have more viberation then I would want, I love my Switchback XT
Old 03-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

I can garentee you that before mathews put the Dren out they tested it for a solid 3-4 years. Now by saying that if they would have seen a decrease in accuracy then past models i garentee you they wouldnt put it out.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 AM

I heard that they are going to have a re-call on it, the limbs on some are twisting after shot for awhile... doesn't really surprise me.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Old 03-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nefarious12

I heard that they are going to have a re-call on it, the limbs on some are twisting after shot for awhile... doesn't really surprise me.
Where did you hear that?

I agree that the switchback still has less vibration, although the dren doesn't exactly bounce out of your hands. Still very quiet and very low shock.

I think that YOU CAN be just as accurate with a dren, however, I think that it may well be more difficult to be AS accurate with. Just like a change in brace height or a little cant on the bow. In archery, everything isgive and take, and cause and effect. Gain a little speed, lose a little stealth. Lose a little forgiveness in brace height, gain a little speed. Gain forgiveness with longer axel toaxel, lose a little manueverability.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sold my Mathews Drenalin for the Bowtech Guardian.

As for the lack of accuracy, I cannot confirm that. It was very accurate for me. I opted for the Guardian because it's faster and more quiet.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

I shot it and piled up arrows with it at 20 yds. It is as acurate as the shooter. Personaly I would buy the Switchback or XT, but there is nothing wrong with the Drenaline.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

I shot it and piled up arrows with it at 20 yds. It is as acurate as the shooter. Personaly I would buy the Switchback or XT, but there is nothing wrong with the Drenaline.
Save some money if you can and buy the XT. Other than the Drenalin being a little lighter, they shot the same for me.

Quick Reply: Feedback on The Mathews Drenaline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.