Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trykon or Allegience?

Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trykon or Allegience?

All things equal, what do you guys like? For those of you who have shot both which is the nicest of the two and how much would you pay for a fully equiped 06 in either one? Does $500 sound like a deal?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trykon or Allegience?

Since you shoota reflex you might perfer the Hoyt. Personally,I perfer the Allegience. If you get a chance, shoot them both and see how they feel. 500 bucks fully equpied for an 06 sounds like a heck of a deal.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

I personally like the Trykon but the allegience is a good bow also...just shoot the one that best fits you...you'll be happy with that one...and 500 is a really good deal!!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I've shot them both......and I bought an '07 Allegiance.

Not even CLOSE, in my book. Now...the Vectrix is a darned nice Hoyt bow........and that would be a tougher choice for you. But.....witht the 2 you mentioned........not even close.

And yes....that's a heckuva deal.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

At $500 fully loaded..if taken care of ...either oneis a deal!

Edit..of course that depends on what they are "loaded" with. If top line accessories than I stand by my statement
Old 03-16-2007, 10:37 AM

I've shot both.

My 2007 Allegiance shot just as well for me, if not slightly better than a Trykon rigged for indoor league.

Personally I would choose the Allegiance.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 PM

I have a Trykon and it's a little harsh at the end of the draw cycle when the cams break over. It's quiet,extremely fast and IMO a great bow. If you like a smoother draw go w/ the Allegience.

You can get an 06 trykon for $500.00 but I'm not sure about the Allegience.
Check e-bay , Trykons are about 4-500.00
Old 03-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, so it seems like the Allegiance is what you guys are recommending. I really need to shoot them both. Idid however, find out that the allegience is barebow, and the Trykon comes with a MZE rest, Trophy Ridge 5 pin sight, Fuse STabilizer. I'm running by my local dealer to see what he has to shoot. he carries Hoyt and Bowtech, so I should get an unbiased opinion from him also.
Thanks guys!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 AM

I agree, if equipped with high quality equipment, either one would be a good grab!! I just happen to be a hoyt kind of person myself!!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, went out and shot a couple bows. Now that I have that out of the way!! I shot an 06 Trykon first, then 07 Vectrix. In all honesty, they were pretty comparable. The Vectrix was quieter, but it also had a STS installed, where the Trykon did not. The TRykon had a tough spot just before the let-off and if you allowed it to creep, it wanted to get away from you, but I did not see a major problem with it. So given the price new being the same, I would go with the Vectrix, but I did not see anything wrong with the Trykon. If he dropped the price $50 on the Trykon, I would go that route. Now on to the Bowtechs. I shot a Tribute, an Allegience, and a Guardian. Again not a lot of difference. The Allegience was set up a bit long(1" too long), so it had a slightly more harsh feel, but all in all, thery were super quiet. I think all 3 were quieter than the Trykon, same as the Vectrix. The Hoyt's seemed like they balanced better to me after the shot, not hanging on, where the Bowtechs wanted to fall forward. I think I need to shoot my Reflex next to each of these bows, but I'm not sure I'm at the point of buying a new bow. Sure, i should get them set up with rest and sight like I want to be certain, but I figured if I shot the new ones, I would feel the need to upgrade, which I'm not sure about.
Ending thoughts____-----Even though the Hoyts had a more harsh draw cycle, they felt better in my hand, and with a meanV CSS would be great!