Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blonde Squirrel (pic finally)

Old 03-15-2007, 06:43 PM

Default RE: Blonde Squirrel (pic finally)

Great pictures! looks like across breedofaalbino and gray squirrel...
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

hey Rob,

I remember chatting with you over in the taxidermy forum. You had mention that there was a blonde squirrel hanging around. I like the pics, it would make a nice mount. What type of tipwill you use on your arrow when/if you try to take him? Didn't know how much damage a broadhead would do to the fur?Keep us posted on your desision!
thanks for sharing!
crutch
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 PM

Can't wait to see the mount this fall
Old 03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very Very Cool.. I would have a tough time not popping that one with the pellet gun in the back yard if it was at my house.. lol
But if you'd like leave it alone then more power to you.. Would make a very cool mount though..

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome pics, my friend.

I went out bowhunting a squirrel (yes, I was specifically driving 30 miles several times just to chase after "A" squirrel)... it was a red fox squirrel with black sides and a snow-white back... coolest-looking mutation I'd ever seen.

I wondered then, and still do: would a field point hole be reparable? I'm not sure a blunt would deliver a killing blow, and wouldn't want to wound it so that it could crawl up into a tree and suffer...

Good luck to you in whatever you decide.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Awesome pics, my friend.

I went out bowhunting a squirrel (yes, I was specifically driving 30 miles several times just to chase after "A" squirrel)... it was a red fox squirrel with black sides and a snow-white back... coolest-looking mutation I'd ever seen.

I wondered then, and still do: would a field point hole be reparable? I'm not sure a blunt would deliver a killing blow, and wouldn't want to wound it so that it could crawl up into a tree and suffer...

Good luck to you in whatever you decide.
I think a field point hole would beno problemto repair. But you better stick that squirrel to something. If you get a pass thru he might run in a hole in a tree and die. Then you would have to cut down the tree.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome looking critter. As much asI like dead squirrels better than live ones, I think I'd have to trap this guy. You'll ruin the hide if you shoot it(maybe not with a field point). Anyway, trap it, put it in a big cage, and feed it for awhile. Maybe the little bastard will go domestic(that would be win/win). If plan A starts going south................KILL IT........NOTE----Blunt force trauma to the head won't cause any noticeable hide damage. [:@][:@][:@]
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pigiron

Awesome looking critter. As much asI like dead squirrels better than live ones, I think I'd have to trap this guy. You'll ruin the hide if you shoot it(maybe not with a field point). Anyway, trap it, put it in a big cage, and feed it for awhile. Maybe the little bastard will go domestic(that would be win/win). If plan A starts going south................KILL IT........NOTE----Blunt force trauma to the head won't cause any noticeable hide damage. [:@][:@][:@]

I believe I would shoot it
Old 03-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awwwwwwww......wait 'til she makes some cool coloredbabies!

That's really neat! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty cool looking critter!

Quick Reply: Blonde Squirrel (pic finally)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.