Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-17-2007, 03:43 PM

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Hopefully this thread locked just like the same one HCH posted on archerytalk. I am not for threeads being locked but this one is going absolutely no where.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

And I ask you, where did the pic come?
The pic is a SL suit...........another member confirmed earlier that is what his looked like as well. You know this already.

How much carbon is in the clothing?
Look at the picture.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:50 PM

I will ask you for the sixth time now aero,

Please explain how the suit eliminates your scent at a significant level (forget the regeneration stuff for this discussion) considering the photo that I showed you with no more then 30% of the surface area of the fabric containing carbon particles..........also considering that physics dictates that airflow (and other forms of matter) will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance which in any non air tight garment would be the neck, arm, waist, and leg openings. Even assuming ALL the air from inside the suit got somehow forced through the garment (which everyone knows doesn't happen) 70% of it will never even touch the carbon.

Please explain.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ash2042

Hopefully this thread locked just like the same one HCH posted on archerytalk. I am not for threeads being locked but this one is going absolutely no where.
Couldn't agree more. Prime example of why most carbon users don't even waste their time posting.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

And you can say the same about non-carbon users!

ORIGINAL: ash2042

Couldn't agree more. Prime example of why most carbon users don't even waste their time posting.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I find them by far to be the MINORITY of carbon clothing users.
10 out of 24 responders (owners) in Buckeye's thread.....that's 41%
The statement was far fewer USERS are unhappy than ones that are satisfied. Where are you getting 10 USERS in the thread that say they were not satisfied. Strech.

Its easy to come on the internet and make claims you don't have to substantiate.
You don't seem to mind when the carbon companies do it though.

Are you saying that all the people who report owning the suit with negative comments are lying?
Let me help you. I'm not trying to call anyone out but obviously someone hasn't been paying attention to what's being said around here. The following posts were by the same author in different threads.

I too have ascentlok jacketthat I bought on a clearance rack at Cabelas and a scentlock face mask.
I have not worn it ......(edited. Not trying to make anyone look bad, just show some truth)
And here's one from a carbon clothing basher. Funny how someone who discredits it went through many sets.

I know I went through many sets of it in the early 90's and you dont reactivate carbon clothing.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:14 PM

Where are you getting 10 USERS in the thread that say they were not satisfied. Strech.
These are all from carbon suit USERS in that thread.

I would never rely on it though
I do but I don't think that it makes any difference.
I never saw a difference one way or another, so I stopped wearing it.
I am not sure if it works or not.
Yes I have worn Scent-Lok, this year I went to X-Scents products.
I don't believe it lasted as long or recharges as easily as they say.
I USED IT THIS PAST SEASON AND DIDN'T KNOW IF IT MADE A DIFFERENCE OR NOT.
I have a whole scent lok suit sometimes i wear it sometimes i dont have never noticed a difference either way.
Not sure how effective it is or isn't yet
The other member has complaints about the garment.......not specifics about it's effectiveness.

No stretch.

Let me help you. I'm not trying to call anyone out but obviously someone hasn't been paying attention to what's being said around here. The following posts were by the same author in different threads.
You're right........I haven't, because I don't care. I find it funny that you are monitoring and keeping track of other members comments on carbon but you claim it is others who have the "woody" about this topic.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 PM

I will ask you for the seventh time now aero,

Please explain how the suit eliminates your scent at a significant level (forget the regeneration stuff for this discussion) considering the photo that I showed you with no more then 30% of the surface area of the fabric containing carbon particles..........also considering that physics dictates that airflow (and other forms of matter) will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance which in any non air tight garment would be the neck, arm, waist, and leg openings. Even assuming ALL the air from inside the suit got somehow forced through the garment (which everyone knows doesn't happen) 70% of it will never even touch the carbon.

Please explain.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Where are you getting 10 USERS in the thread that say they were not satisfied. Strech.
These are all from carbon suit USERS in that thread.
I would hardly classify those as complaints. If that's as bad of complaints as you can come up with I can certainly see why carbon clothing enjoys such success.

I would never rely on it though
I do but I don't think that it makes any difference.
I never saw a difference one way or another, so I stopped wearing it.
I am not sure if it works or not.
Yes I have worn Scent-Lok, this year I went to X-Scents products.
I don't believe it lasted as long or recharges as easily as they say.
I USED IT THIS PAST SEASON AND DIDN'T KNOW IF IT MADE A DIFFERENCE OR NOT.
I have a whole scent lok suit sometimes i wear it sometimes i dont have never noticed a difference either way.
Not sure how effective it is or isn't yet
The other member has complaints about the garment.......not specifics about it's effectiveness.

No stretch.

You're right........I haven't, because I don't care. I find it funny that you are monitoring and keeping track of other members comments on carbon but you claim it is others who have the "woody" about this topic.

Yes, I know I'm right. You don't care. Pretty convenient. You question me about the validity of some of the posters claims but when you see the truth you "don't care". It's not keeping track, it's called paying attention. You slam REAL USERS because they tell their true, positive experiences then want to cite NON USERS testimonials, then say you don't care when presented with the truth. So, with you, its "if own it and say it works, you don't know what you're talking about", but anybody whose never used it or says they do and slams it, then they are right. Nice.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

I will ask you for the seventh time now aero,

Please explain.
You keep asking the same question without posting a link to: 1) where the picture came from, 2) link showing exactly WHICH carbon manufacturer and which clothing item (there's more than one), 3) link verifying how much carbon the picture is representing, 4) link showing what percentage the manufacturers claim is in the clothing, 5) link to lab and lab tests showing they tested the cloth in the picture you posted and results showing a percentage - you claim 30% - where do you get your numbers? Where do you get 70% of air inside the suit won't be affected? YOU CAN'T POST A LINK, WON'T POST A LINK, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A LINK.

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.