Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Hilarious. Enjoy those fawns.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 PM

I will ask you for the third time now aero,

Please explain how the suit eliminates your scent at a significant level (forget the regeneration stuff for this discussion) considering the photo that I showed you with no more then 30% of the surface area of the fabric containing carbon particles..........also considering that physics dictates that airflow (and other forms of matter) will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance which in any non air tight garment would be the neck, arm, waist, and leg openings. Even assuming ALL the air from inside the suit got somehow forced through the garment (which everyone knows doesn't happen) 70% of it will never even touch the carbon.

Please explain.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

Hilarious. Enjoy those fawns.
Coming from the guy who was crying on the last page about the ridiculing other hunters.

Classic hypocrisy..........well done
Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I will ask you for the third time now aero,

Please explain how the suit eliminates your scent at a significant level (forget the regeneration stuff for this discussion) considering the photo that I showed you with no more then 30% of the surface area of the fabric containing carbon particles..........also considering that physics dictates that airflow (and other forms of matter) will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance which in any non air tight garment would be the neck, arm, waist, and leg openings. Even assuming ALL the air from inside the suit got somehow forced through the garment (which everyone knows doesn't happen) 70% of it will never even touch the carbon.

Please explain.
Most would agree the suits work. The question most have is can it be regenerated. Now your denying that. And, yes, I find it quite humorous that anyone would take seriously ANYTHING said about scent control from someone who can only shoot yearlings and fawns. You don't like it, great for you. I, and many others, use it and will continue using it. Keep up your fight. One of these days I'm sure you will single handedly put them out of business.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:51 PM

I will ask you for the fourth time now aero,

Please explain.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:05 PM

Atlas,
Where did you get the photo of the carbon? Is it Army issue or SL?
There is no dispute that the carbon in the older suits washed out quicker than it should have.
I curious to know if that's what this is a pic. of. , an older used suit???
I'll try to find a pic of a ClimaFlex suit cross section.
The cabon content in the SL suits has more than quadroupled in the past 3 years.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

I've never heard any claims it would 100% eliminate odor, only reduce it to where deer would not be overly alarmed. I don't PRETEND to be a great scientest nor a great hunter. If something works I may use it. If it don't, I probably won't. I have had no experiences with carbon clothing to make me think it was harming my hunting. Your picture means nothing, whether it is a legitimate pic or not. You post a pic with no reference to where it came from, what product it is, nothing. What does that mean anyway? I've read on the carbon sites that too much carbon is just as bad as not enough. Keep clouding the argument. You'll never escape the fact that multitudes WHO ACTUALLY USE the product continue to enjoy it. I'm done. I've got a hundred more fence posts out back I can argue with.

Scent Strategies for Antlered Game

Big game animals are susceptible to modern scent-management strategies. Scent control is a genuine science today, allowing hunters to fool a critter's keenest survival sense.

Author: Chuck Adams

For the majority of animals we hunt, be it deer, elk, bears, or even antelope, human scent plays a major portion in our success/failure. However, with modern scent-management strategies hunters have more advantages than ever. Scent control is a genuine science today, allowing bowhunters to fool a critter's keenest survival sense.

I have said it many times before - and I will say it again. I do not believe a hunter can cover his human scent 100-percent. If the wind blows directly from you to a whitetail, mulie, elk or moose, the sharp-nosed animal will smell something suspicious. This is especially true if you are hunting on foot, perspiring and giving off more than average amounts of human body odor. However, in most cases, your scent can be managed around a tree stand or ground blind to allow effective bowhunting.

In my experience, four types of scent products are practical for archers. Cover scents like red fox urine, acorn and natural earth are meant to mask your human odor. Sex lures like doe-in-estrus urine and rutting buck urine are collected to draw in rutting game. Scent eliminators like Scent Shield spray, my own Super Slam spray, and various unscented soaps and clothes washes can chemically cancel human scent molecules. Finally, Scent-Blocking-type clothing incorporates activated carbon to soak up human body odor like a sponge.

Least effective of these four, in my opinion, are traditional cover scents. A little red fox or coon urine applied to your bootsoles or a pin-on scent pad can certainly help to mask the foot trail to and from your stand. These will mix with your airborne human scent, too, possibly confusing game. But the following three types of products have served me especially well on deer.

Sex lures draw rutting animals like flies to honey. Placed on scent wicks around your stand, dripped in active scrapes, distributed with scent drags radiating from your tree, applied directly to deer decoys, or misted from a spray bottle periodically, such powerful lures clearly turn a rutting male's head.

I have tested many sex lures over the years. Those from reputable companies work well. If rutting doe urine is fresh for example, and extracted from a single animal, it can draw bucks as surely as a real estrous female. One key is masking and controlling your own human scent so it does not get to animals as well.

While there are many great scents on the market, some keys to look for is purity, potency and sealed in glass bottles to stay that way.

Those of you who enjoy hunting elk should know that bull and cow rutting urine lures are available from many manufactures. Used around elk-wallow complexes, these scents draw large bulls from hundreds of yards away and they often come in on the run!

I am a fanatic about scent elimination to and from my tree stand. I wear all-rubber or half-rubber pac boots to block human scent from the ground, the same as savvy fur trappers have done for decades. I thoroughly spray my lower body with Scent Shield or Super Slam Clothes & Boot Spray to prevent human scent from becoming a gas. No scent gas, no airborne ordor to settle on nearby shrubbery.

Finally, I choose a path to and from my stand through the thinnest, shortest foliage in the area. The less grass and brush you contact, the lower the chance of human scent lingering behind.

These precautions are equally important after dark as you walk from stand back to vehicle. If you do not wear rubber boots, spray down, and avoid heavy cover during your exit, deer will smell your foot trail most of the night. The big buck you'll never see is too smart to stay near such carelessly scent-laden areas.

Perhaps the most exciting scientific scent innovation in recent years is the development of effective scent-blocking clothes. These garments incorporate activated carbon fibers to absorb human scent before it can exit the fabric.

Original Scent-Lok, Scent-Blocker and other makers' clothes are selling like hotcakes because they really work. Such duds are now available in lighter, thinner fabrics than ever before, and feature popular camo patterns. Typically popular fabrics are the ScentBlocker 3D Leafylite and ScentBlocker Ultralite, both from Robinson Labs. My own Super Slam Scent-Blocker Suit from Cabela's is also extremely popular with bowhunters.

Such a garment, when worn from head to toe can reduce the outflow of human scent molecules dramatically. I've tested scent-blocking garments around hundreds of deer, and these genuinely make a difference.

Whitetails in urban, suburban, and farmland areas are accustomed to smelling low-level human odor all the time. The deer that walks downwind from your ScentBlocker Suit probably can't tell for sure if someone walked past hours ago, if human scent is wafting from a distant house or car, or if a scent-blocked hunter is hovering nearby like a hawk after a meadow mouse. Regardless of what deer think, they seem less concerned about archers wearing high-tech carbon suits.

Modern scent strategies alone cannot make up for poor bowhunting habits. But when you combine scent management with good camouflage, deep knowledge of animal habits, and straight shooting, you will probably bring home the venison!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

I have had no experiences with carbon clothing to make me think it was harming my hunting.
No one said it was.

Your picture means nothing, whether it is a legitimate pic or not.
That pretty much sums up your level of reasoning on the subject.......anyone who disagrees with you is lying.......and if they are not lying then you just stick your head in the sand and pretend you don't see it.

You post a pic with no reference to where it came from, what product it is, nothing.
Once again hypocrisy reigns supreme.........you just described all the info the major carbon companies have EVER offered........pictures, bar graphs and numbers on websites with no reference to where they came from or any methods of how they were obtained. Why do you accept it from them but not from others??
Old 03-17-2007, 03:28 PM

I will ask you for the fifth time now aero,

Please explain.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

And I ask you, where did the pic come? How much carbon is in the clothing? How much do the carbon clothing companies claim to have in the product? There's more to it than just posting some random picture and raising your hand in victory. You truly are a joke. But, hey, its your fantasy. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.