Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

You should have asked Chuck Adams, Don.

Prove to me your God, Don. I'll take testimonials on that, too.........

Have a good one....
Old 03-16-2007, 07:19 AM

Why is it that you assume that if folks say it doesn't work they don't own it. I have a set of Scent-Lok bibs and an entire Scent Blocker upper and lower. Me owning them doesn't make them work any better.

Did you see the picture that Atlas posted of the carbon in the suit. I can certify that is exactly what it looks like. I've had the scent-lok bib open up exposing the carbon layer and not to my surprise it looked just like that. I knew it would look like that because look at how much of the carbon comes out when you wash it. There isn't much in there to begin with.

This is the thing of fairly tails and anybody who thinks differently just likes making themselves feel better about wasting thier money.

Tom
[/quote]

Tom,
The suits are only good for about 5 years of use. Yes the carbon does wash out. noone said it will last forever.The older suits had lost more than the newer. If you look at the ClimaFlex technology you will notice the carbon content is much higher and it does not wash out as fast. That's the improvementsthat SL has made. Any corp. improves it's products by constant testing and R&D.I only wash my suits once a year inthe gentle cycleand sometimes not at all,unless they get blood on them. When I have washed them I don't notice carbon particles like I used to with the older suits.

And none of the guys that have diss'd SL have claimed they tried it. They believe what they wish to believe when there are 2 sides to the scientific results.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 AM

Don,
My simple answer is "yes". Through SL product testing they say it does.
I'm not going to argue w/ you about scienticic tests. There are conflicting reports.
What about my offer?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Banned

I'll take your offer ,just send me carbonbase layers only as I have new $600 Gray wolf woolens predator that I want to hunt in this upcoming year. The base layers should provide total scent containment right? I'll wear the carbon head thing if you want to send it too. Thanks for the offer; pm me if you are serious and want my address. I will give weeky unbiased reports while wearing it and not wearing it.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned

I have stated this before, I will tell all my friends and promote the hell out of carbon clothing if I can be assured that the stuff can be reactivated/regenerated in a homeowners dryer. I do not or have ever doubted carbons effectiveness of absorbing odors and impurities. It would be ridiculous to not believe the science behind carbon technology. The only question is whether it can truly be desorbed enough in a commerical homeowners dryer to actually have any absorbing properties left in it.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Don:

You have to see the irony in your "snake oil" thread and the fact that you just admitted to spending $600 on a camo suit.

To someone not privy to our previous discussions......do you think someone might think you just wasted a BUNCH of money? Now honestly....I don't think you did. You bought a quality garment.....and you think it'll help you be more successful in the field.

Which is.........EXACTLY what I did.

Good luck.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: archer58

One fact stands out. The guys whoDO NOTuse it and claim it doesn't work have never tried it. They did not descide for themselves.
The guys whoDOuseit, have personal expierence to it's effectiveness, and continue to use it. That speaks volumes about carbon clothing.
This is always the strangest logic I see used..........why does someone have to purchse a suit and wear it to know the chemical properties of carbon...........does your suit come with an organic chemistry lecture CD?? Wearing a suit and killing a deer means NOTHING.......I have been killing deer without carbon for 20 years and my dad 40..........that doesn't prove anything about carbon no more then killing them wearing a suit does. There are 1,000 variables in every hunt and a suit (or lack of it) can NEVER be investigated alone. I also wonder why you think we have to use a suit to know science..........would you jump from your treestand 20 feet up just to prove to yourself that science was right about gravity?? Would you drink sulfuric acid just to prove to yourself that science was right about pH?? Come on man.......that is silly........would you use chewing gum in place of solder on your plumbing or would you know better because the bonding strength of melted solder to copper has been proven long ago??

Old 03-16-2007, 10:27 AM

I don't get all the hostility here. Why? My suggestion is go to the company and ask the makers. Ask their scientists. I wonder what the Indians and early settlers did.......and everyone else before even basic camo came out? Today it's all about capitalism.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Spike

I must say I believe they can be regenerated in a household dryer. I had my Scent-Lok lined boots in the back of my Suburban and had a water leak and the back of the truck had that very musty smell. Well sure enough so did my boots. I threw them in the wash and washed them with the Scent-Lok wash and threw them in the dryer and when they came out no musty smell. The dryer allowed the musty smell to come out of the lining and thus regenerating the carbon material in the lining. I am 100% sure that it works.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

This is always the strangest logic I see used..........why does someone have to purchse a suit and wear it to know the chemical properties of carbon...........does your suit come with an organic chemistry lecture CD?? Wearing a suit and killing a deer means NOTHING.......I have been killing deer without carbon for 20 years and my dad 40..........that doesn't prove anything about carbon no more then killing them wearing a suit does. There are 1,000 variables in every hunt and a suit (or lack of it) can NEVER be investigated alone. I also wonder why you think we have to use a suit to know science..........would you jump from your treestand 20 feet up just to prove to yourself that science was right about gravity?? Would you drink sulfuric acid just to prove to yourself that science was right about pH?? Come on man.......that is silly........would you use chewing gum in place of solder on your plumbing or would you know better because the bonding strength of melted solder to copper has been proven long ago??
The fact we didn't use it 20 years ago has never been disputed.I've killed deer before I started using SLtoo.
And I got busted too. Not always, but in PA> w/the fickle winds and hills I hunt I had to find a solution or I would have to change stands every 15 min. After only a couple hunts I was convinced it worked. No, it's not 100% but it contains enough scent that a deer will not be alarmed if you are upwind of him.

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.