Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

One fact stands out. The guys whoDO NOTuse it and claim it doesn't work have never tried it. They did not descide for themselves.
The guys whoDOuseit, have personal expierence to it's effectiveness, and continue to use it.
That speaks volumes about carbon clothing.
Wrong there are plenty of people that have used it and stopped using it. I was a scent fanatic before I ever bought the suit and thought that I could let up a little using a carbon suit.WRONG!! I use the suit exactly as I was supposed to, and it didn't improve anything for me.

You want something that has a ton of scientific evidence behind it pick up a 5lb box of baking soda and use it to wash your clothes in the rinse etc.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I use the suit exactly as I was supposed to, and it didn't improve anything for me.
Answer me this, though, Charlie......

Did it HURT you? What would have had to happen.....for you to say it improved things, for you? If it's "AS GOOD" as other camo.......doesn't it really boil down to price.....just like I said a LONG time ago?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:27 AM
Bartender

You nailed it pal
ORIGINAL: archer58

Atlas and Hardcore,
as you can tell by reading the post ,there are just as many guys using Scent-Lok as there are not using it.
One fact stands out. The guys whoDO NOTuse it and claim it doesn't work have never tried it. They did not descide for themselves.
The guys whoDOuseit, have personal expierence to it's effectiveness, and continue to use it.

Forget the tests and what you have read, PRO or CON.
Make your own assessment. You are both intelligent guys. It's like saying you don't like a Darton; and have never shot one.

If I had asuit to send you, I would.
In fact, what sizes are you? I am willing to send you one of my own suits to try for a season if I it will fit.
My only request is that you be willing to post weekly your results in a running post.
What do u think???
Old 03-16-2007, 05:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Scent-Lok Dist.
No bias there.

If someone were to come in here and say that all you had to do was shoot Beaman arrows......and your days of bad hits and complete misses were over......I'd yell "snake oil".
But when a company say's forget the wind just hunt you don't say a word. That is their slogan and if that's not snake oil what is?

It's pretty good camo, though.....and it's "working" for me
Scent lok isn't a camo pattern.

I wasn't argueing just stating my experience with the product over the years I used it,and the many years I haven't.

I know you've been hunting for along time but not bowhunting that long, so I'm sure it adds to your confidence.

You have stated many times how many deer you killed this year all I'm saying is you can easily do that with out scent lok or a carbon suit.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

Atlas and Hardcore,
as you can tell by reading the post ,there are just as many guys using Scent-Lok as there are not using it.

Forget the tests and what you have read, PRO or CON.
Make your own assessment. You are both intelligent guys. It's like saying you don't like a Darton; and have never shot one.

If I had asuit to send you, I would.
In fact, what sizes are you? I am willing to send you one of my own suits to try for a season if I it will fit.
My only request is that you be willing to post weekly your results in a running post.
What do u think???
Why is it that you assume that if folks say it doesn't work they don't own it. I have a set of Scent-Lok bibs and an entire Scent Blocker upper and lower. Me owning them doesn't make them work any better.

Did you see the picture that Atlas posted of the carbon in the suit. I can certify that is exactly what it looks like. I've had the scent-lok bib open up exposing the carbon layer and not to my surprise it looked just like that. I knew it would look like that because look at how much of the carbon comes out when you wash it. There isn't much in there to begin with.

This is the thing of fairly tails and anybody who thinks differently just likes making themselves feel better about wasting thier money.

Tom
Old 03-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Did it HURT you?
In the early season I honestly think It did, wearing the liner made me sweat more then I normally would.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Charlie.....you're approaching semantics, now.

Of course I know scent-lok isn't "camo".....but the camo garments that utilize scent-lok "technology"......are.....pretty good CAMO garments (course.....you knew that's what I meant).

I know you've been hunting for along time but not bowhunting that long, so I'm sure it adds to your confidence.
YES! Common ground!

You have stated many times how many deer you killed this year all I'm saying is you can easily do that with out scent lok or a carbon suit.
And you could get your results wearing a speedo and a pink wife-beater......but I'm betting you choose to wear camo. I choose to wear camo, too.......and mine just happens to be scent-blocker. If you're going to be wearing camo, anyways, where's the HARM if it "MIGHT" enhance your chances? And.....even if it DOESN'T....it's still GOOD CAMO (just costs more, right?).
Old 03-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Dominant Buck

LOL.....and the truth finally comes out (again).

This is the thing of fairly tails and anybody who thinks differently just likes making themselves feel better about wasting thier money.
Guys.....if you say it works "AS GOOD" as other camo.....why does it matter how much someone else spends? Heck....a gray wolf woolens Predator or ASAT suit will set you back how much?????? If GregH is killing the deer he's killing with Mossy Oak on.......are the people buying the ASAT/Predator/Enigma all being duped into purchasing "snake oil"?

I know you guys can understand this.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

....it's still GOOD CAMO (just costs more, right?).
They have scent lock in Predator?? I'll buy the stuff I can get in the bargain rooms and use my ole faithful Baking soda.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Banned

It is a cut and dry question; can the carbon in clothing be reactivated in a homeowners dryer? I don't want testimonials, I want an answer. I have had many deer downwind of me and within feet of me and have never smelled me and I wear no carbon. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS CAN CARBON BE REACTIVATED/ REGENERATED IN A HOMEOWNERS DRYER? Science data should be easily available for the companies to produce this answer to me. It should be in carbon reactivation 101 in a basic college chemistry book. Why can't someone from the companies answer this? I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN FORGET THE WIND AND JUST HUNT LIKE THE ADVERTISEMENT SAYS?

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.