Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Agreed, Justin....

God, himself, could tell some people.....and they'd swear he was "selling out" to Robinson Outdoors.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 AM

Some informative links on the subject.

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ws/nwrc/is/02pubs/shiv024.pdf

(J. A. 2002. Odor-adsorptive clothing, environmental factors, and search- dog ability. Wildlife Society Bulletin 30:721-727. )

http://www.mindfully.org/Water/2003/...sts22jan03.htm

http://www.mindfully.org/Water/2003/...sts22jan03.htm

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/...schneider2.pdf

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox...p;pageId=3.1.1

Old 03-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

They don't do a study because it would more than likely prove their products don't work, and everyone is a sucker for buying into their gimmicks!

Just my $.02

Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Bartender

Yes there was and oh I wish I could remember him.
I know our buddy hnijustin here was part of that.
ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

If the results were positive for the carbon clothing maker, it would put an endto the carbon clothing doubters'statementsand increasetheir salesby millions of dollars.
Pretty safe to assume that they already know this.......and they already know what the results would be. Which is why you will never see this happen.

What is debated, is the fact that on whether or not a hunter can reactivate/regenerate his clothing in his dryer at home.
I don't even see this as a debate.........there are simply people who don't understand the science and choose to believe something convenient to their situation.

Can't these three carbon expert scientists prove this for the company?
No...........no one can.

Wasn't there some guy on here awhile ago that was blasting away at me telling me he was gonna show me all the data from the carbon companies that would PROVE their claims??.......Wonder what ever happened to that........he posted some document with hand writing on it that was full of errors and then he vanished.

Big surprise.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Bartender

Dang it forgot the
Old 03-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make noise?
If I were to shoot the buck of my life while wearing carbon clothing, whose to tell me it doesn't work?

These are the questions I want answers for.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of couse it makes noise silly! I dont think any one is argueing that you can not hunt successfully with Carbon clothing, the issue is that it doesnt work as advertised! Over priced Mossy Oak thats it.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 PM

The answer to the question at hand is this. Scent-Lok licenses Scent-Blocker to use their endproduct . The carbon lined material.
Why don't they merge? Because SB is a subsidiary of Scent-Shield.

And this my friend is competition. The American Way.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

If the results were positive for the carbon clothing maker, it would put an endto the carbon clothing doubters'statementsand increasetheir salesby millions of dollars.
Pretty safe to assume that they already know this.......and they already know what the results would be. Which is why you will never see this happen.

What is debated, is the fact that on whether or not a hunter can reactivate/regenerate his clothing in his dryer at home.
I don't even see this as a debate.........there are simply people who don't understand the science and choose to believe something convenient to their situation.

Can't these three carbon expert scientists prove this for the company?
No...........no one can.

Wasn't there some guy on here awhile ago that was blasting away at me telling me he was gonna show me all the data from the carbon companies that would PROVE their claims??.......Wonder what ever happened to that........he posted some document with hand writing on it that was full of errors and then he vanished.

Big surprise.
Atlas,

He did end up posting it. I read about halfway through it before I relized it was crap data.

Also to the original poster that says that it works, the first time, I think that is very false. If you could seal yourself into the suit then it might work. Maybe, because carbon has a shelf life once out of a sealed conatainer. Ever notice the sealed containers that the suits come in. I don't think so.

Tom
Old 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've already stated you don't like the stuff. What's the beef? Why do you care. It obviously isn't for yourself.

I can wear the clothes without washing them the whole season. Can you do that with other clothes? Might not be a big deal when at home or in a place where you can take care of such things, but when away for a while it pays off.

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.