Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have argued about this stuff before and decided to pretty much stay out of this one. I would like to post one comment though.

The bottom line is this.... These carbon clothing mfgrs. will never get any unbiased scientific testing done to prove that this type of clothing does, in fact, do exactly what they claim it does. So long as they are paying enough "pro's" to wear it which, in turn, gets enough"Joe Consumers"to purchase it they will have enough people thinking that it does work. They are making millions because of this so why would they risk disproving themselves? Which would, in all likelyhood, happen.

The fact is, there is more than enough real scientific data to disprove everything that the clothing manufacturers claim if "Joe Consumer" would simply take the time to educate themselves rather than believing what the "pro's" and the advertising tells them.

You hit the nail on the head. Give this man a cold beer, some peanuts,and a blue ribbon.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me it's just like any other advertising, Realtree doesn't really make you disappear in the woods, a arrow shot from a bowtech bow will not out run a crotch rocket and Scent-lok won't completely eliminate human odor.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:40 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Give this man a cold beer, some peanuts,and a blue ribbon.
Awesome we can drop this, he got the answer he wanted.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:57 PM

Bigbulls is exactly right, you will never see anything of the sort because it would only hurt them..........and why would they bother when their money is much better spent dressing up some TV hunters and paying them to repeat their marketing mantra over big dead deer.

Science doesn't lie........the periodic table doesn't change.........and the laws of chemistry and physics remain constant and true. Of course none of this matters if you have a large group of people who are not educated enough (in science) to know better and/or are willing to accept and believe what they are told no matter how much factual evidence exists to the contrary.

The unfortunate truth is that (IMO) well over 90% of carbon suit users don't have the faintest idea of how it is supposed to work.......they just hope it does (much like many other hunting products) because the upside promise is more and bigger deer (much like other hunting products) and the downside is it's nothing more then expensive camo.......at least it will still work for something. They have no choice but to believe SOMEONE because they simply don't know any better (and that's no insult, just the truth)........and when they get cornered in threads like these they don't know what else to do but stick by the marketing spiel........because as mentioned earlier they just don't know enough about it to really discuss it and they already own the suit so they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

You shouldn't have to "believe" in a product........it should do what is says.

If someone buys a new Guardian and Bowtech says it will shoot 310fps but when sent through the chrono (same specs) it only shot 250 fps I doubt they (or anyone else) would say "Well, hey......it's still a bow right" or if you bought a treestand that said it weighed 14lbs but when you put it on the scale it hit 25lbs how many people would blow that off and say "It's still a treestand"........This is where the logic of "It's still good camo" falls apart.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

Edit[8D]
Old 03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Bigbulls is exactly right, you will never see anything of the sort because it would only hurt them..........and why would they bother when when their money is much better spent dressing up some TV hunters and paying them to repeat their marketing mantra over big dead deer.

Science doesn't lie........the periodic table doesn't change.........and the laws of chemistry and physics remain constant and true. Of course none of this matters if you have a large group of people who are not educated enough (in science) to know better and/or are willing to accept and believe what they are told no matter how much factual evidence exists to the contrary.

The unfortunate truth is that (IMO) well over 90% of carbon suit users don't have the faintest idea of how it is supposed to work.......they just hope it does (much like many other hunting products) because the upside promise is more and bigger deer (much like other hunting products) and the downside is it's nothing more then expensive camo.......at least it will still work for something. They have no choice but to believe SOMEONE because they simply don't know any better (and that's no insult, just the truth)........and when they get cornered in threads like these they don't know what else to do but stick by the marketing spiel........because as mentioned earlier they just don't know enough about it to really discuss it and they already own the suit so they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

If someone buys a new Guardian and Bowtech says it will shoot 310fps but when sent through the chrono (same specs) it only shot 250 fps I doubt they (or anyone else) would say "Well, hey......it's still a bow right" or if you bought a treestand that said it weighed 14lbs but when you put it on the scale it hit 25lbs how many people would blow that off and say "It's still a treestand"........This is where the logic of "It's still good camo" falls apart.
Atlas you are correct; now why can't I get you into a dropaway rest?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

You know you are just itching to bolt a WB on that new Vectrix
Old 03-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Bigbulls is exactly right, you will never see anything of the sort because it would only hurt them..........and why would they bother when when their money is much better spent dressing up some TV hunters and paying them to repeat their marketing mantra over big dead deer.

Or get him to process a deer in 30 min
Old 03-19-2007, 05:38 PM

$$$$$$$$ It's all about money.
I've never used a scent suit, my brother swears by them.
My opinion....they may help... a little. Seen "science" on either side of the argument. Maybe "consumer Reports" will do a bit on them.
I can alsotell you about a buddy thatI'veseen draw down with a cig hanging from his mouth..... several times.
If you've got the money to spend, go for it. More power to ya.
I can't afford anew bow every year, laser range finders, lighted nocks, infared blood trackers, you can see where I'm going.
To each his own.
Let's end thisPISSING contest..
Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deep Chatham, you speak wisely!

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.