Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Banned

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
NowI'LL ask again.......Are you saying it can't be regenrated to ANY degree (in my residential dryer)?
Yes it is my opinion from the research on carbon that itcan't be regenerated in a homeowners dryer. Like I said, someone please post some info proving otherwise. Remember, an advertisement on a carbon clothing makers websiteis NOT PROOF.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Don...Atlas.....

I'm not going to argue with you about it. I'm simply saying that I don't believe 100% of EVRYTHING th emanufacturer tells me.....but I DO believe that there is SOME amount of regeneration that's occurring. It all boils down to $$, then (Like I've said ALL ALONG). I'm willing to pay the extra amount for (_____%) increase in scent control. I don't blame anyone who isn't willing to pay it, and I certainly don't see anyone who DOES pay the extra amount telling anyone who isn't.....that they're stupid for not doing so.

I happen to believe the manufacturer TO SOME DEGREE. others who do are simply saying they're willing to pay for that (________) level of belief.

So.....unless you believe that these items help NONE.....andCAN'T be regenerated AT ANY LEVEL......then you're saying you're not willing to pay extra for the (_____%) added security. It's really that simple.

Webelieve the manufacturers' claims......to the degreethese garmentshelpus "SOME". I never bought a Big Mac that looked like the one on the poster.....but to SOME degree.....they're still pretty good hamburgers.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Don...

If that's what you believe.....then I wouldn't spend extra on it, either.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:41 AM

These carbon company clothing manufacturers need to have three scientist give us unbiased reports on these carbon clothing manufacturers' claims of low heat regeneration/reactivation/desorbing. Give the scientists names and credentials to back up this statement of being able to be reactivated/regenerated/desorbed in a homeowners low heat dryer.
Don, I think if any of the companies have read your posts they would rather not have you buy their garments. Why do they "NEED" to have three scientists give unbiased reports,and who is us, I thought it was you.In this next qoute it seems to be I, I, I.
It is a cut and dry question; can the carbon in clothing be reactivated in a homeowners dryer? I don't want testimonials, I want an answer. I have had many deer downwind of me and within feet of me and have never smelled me and I wear no carbon. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS CAN CARBON BE REACTIVATED/ REGENERATED IN A HOMEOWNERS DRYER? Science data should be easily available for the companies to produce this answer to me. It should be in carbon reactivation 101 in a basic college chemistry book. Why can't someone from the companies answer this? I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN FORGET THE WIND AND JUST HUNT LIKE THE ADVERTISEMENT SAYS?
Yes it is my opinion from the research on carbon that itcan't be regenerated in a homeowners dryer.
So you have the 3 scientists names and credentials to back it up. Because from my research it is my opinion that it can be regenerated in a household dryer. See how childish this sounds.

Remember, an advertisement on a carbon clothing makers websiteis NOT PROOF.
Rmember, I think this is thefirst this was mentioned, but I could be wrong.
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS CAN CARBON BE REACTIVATED/ REGENERATED IN A HOMEOWNERS DRYER? Science data should be easily available for the companies to produce this answer to me.
This is what I "remember" you saying. The companies produced the answers it just wasn't the answer you wanted.

It seems that you have already had 3 scientists do research for you to help you come to this opinion. You feel that it cannot be regenerated in a household dryer, thats good you are entitled to your opinion. You wanted proof from the company that it could be regenerated in a household dryer, it was shown to you and that wasn't good enough, now you want 3 scientists to prove it. I do not think any of the carbon clothing manufacturers have anyhting to prove to you. I feel the answer is very simple, if you believe what the company says buy it, if not don't, but quit arguing over something you have already researched. You are not a customer of carbon clothing, if you are a potntial customer of carbon clothing I would contact the company and ask them for the proof you need to buy it. I am sure they would hire 3 scientists to prove to Don that it can be regenerated in a household dryer, just so they can sell oneor two sets. I am also sure that the companies are pleased to see all this attention given to their products, be it poitive or negative.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Everybody keeps skirting the question; show me some proof that indeed some desorbtion/regeneration/reactivation takes place at 140 degrees in a homeowners' dryer. That is 1360 degrees LESS than what the carbon reactivation companies use to reactivate carbon.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Don:

Nobody's skirting anything. You asked us (basically) if we believed the mfg's claims. I told you I did TO A DEGREE (no pun intended).

I/we think they can be regenerated SOME, and we're willing to pay extra for it. You've stated that your belief is they can't be regenerated to ANY degree.

Your charge is like asking Ruth's Chris to PROVE that their steaks taste good. Why would they feel compelledto prove it.....when none of their customers are complaining about it??????
Old 03-19-2007, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

I guess this would relate to the why do the bow manufacturers not create a super bow? $$$$$
Carbon is science, it is not an opinion. Bows, treestands, and other gear are opinions.
If carbon is science, I suppose we should listen to the studies that say it doesnt work[8D]
Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 AM

Don your just not getting it. Why do WE need to show YOU proof. By the way we did show you proof, don't skirt the answer. I answered your ORIGINAL question almost exactly and then you throw more stuff out. DON YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSERWED. If your not happy with the answer drop it. If you can't drop it you hire 3 scientist to prove it to you. Most on HERE have nothing to prove to you.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have argued about this stuff before and decided to pretty much stay out of this one. I would like to post one comment though.

The bottom line is this.... These carbon clothing mfgrs. will never get any unbiased scientific testing done to prove that this type of clothing does, in fact, do exactly what they claim it does. So long as they are paying enough "pro's" to wear it which, in turn, gets enough"Joe Consumers"to purchase it they will have enough people thinking that it does work. They are making millions because of this so why would they risk disproving themselves? Which would, in all likelyhood, happen.

The fact is, there is more than enough real scientific data to disprove everything that the clothing manufacturers claim if "Joe Consumer" would simply take the time to educate themselves rather than believing what the "pro's" and the advertising tells them.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Edited:

Not worth it.

Have a good one, guys.

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.