Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Sorry, eaRly. Yes, my brains scrambeLd.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

Hardly disgruntled, but you must grasp at what you can.

Then what IS disgruntled??.......a bunch of guys saying they could not tell the difference between when they wore the suit and when they didn't doesn't sound like satisifed customers to me.

You say anecdotal evidence is worthless but you want to post that 10 out of 24 posters arent' raving about it. What a joke.
Because that's all you will discuss........I offer you scientific evidence repeatedly and you respond with stories and "faith"..........you don't want to discuss anything real.......just stories that support your "faith"

You couldn't carry Chucks' quiver.
You could?

I gave you examples, you don't want to accept the truth. I figured as much.
What examples??........what truth? You have NEVER offered even one shred of evidence to support your "faith" other then stories of more deer sightings. At EVERY instance where you are confronted with scientific proof you conveniently skip them and try to change the subject. Show me and everyone else where in this thread you have offered ANYTHING scientific to back up your blind "faith" claims. All you post is pictures of Chuck, articles from magazines and websites with no connection whatsoever to anything factual.

I'm not obsessed with carbon, as you are. I only want others to know the truth. New people come on here all the time and when they see yours and others posts, although the rest of us have seen it for years, they don't know better.
You are the one following other members around and keeping track of their comments so you can monitor their posting later on and keep tabs on them.

What truth are you offering aero??..........that you don't believe in science??........that no matter what evidence piles up to the contrary you will insist that your suit magically makes you invisible to a deer's nose?

When someone posts they own the clothing are presenting that they have tried it when they actually haven't, I think people should know that. Obviously, those aren't important to you. I figured that, too.
No one's "stories" are important to me.......for every one there is another that will say the opposite. Save yourself the time and effort of following other members around and being the carbon watch dog and just forget them all...........now you know why FACTUAL evidence and not hearsay is all that is allowed in court.

No. You don't try to discuss anything. You provide the same technical data that's been floating around for years and DOES NOT PROVE THAT THE CLOTHING CAN OR CANNOT do as its advertised.
Nothing will ever prove it to you aero............I suggest you go buy a chemistry and physics book or sign up for some classes at the local Univ and you will get all the proof you need. Even then I'm sure you won't believe it because Chuck Adams didn't write the periodic table.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 AM

Now that you have all the info you wanted.

I will ask you for the ninth time now aero,

Please explain how the suit eliminates your scent at a significant level (forget the regeneration stuff for this discussion) considering the photo that I showed you with no more then 30% of the surface area of the fabric containing carbon particles..........also considering that physics dictates that airflow (and other forms of matter) will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance which in any non air tight garment would be the neck, arm, waist, and leg openings. Even assuming ALL the air from inside the suit got somehow forced through the garment (which everyone knows doesn't happen) 70% of it will never even touch the carbon.

Please explain.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey atlas, you just won't let it go, will you? One would thinkyou've got better things to do.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Please explain how the suit eliminates your scent at a significant level (forget the regeneration stuff for this discussion) considering the photo that I showed you with no more then 30% of the surface area of the fabric containing carbon particles..........also considering that physics dictates that airflow (and other forms of matter) will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance which in any non air tight garment would be the neck, arm, waist, and leg openings. Even assuming ALL the air from inside the suit got somehow forced through the garment (which everyone knows doesn't happen) 70% of it will never even touch the carbon.
I wish I'd been around to answer this the FIRST time it was asked......because the answer is quite simple. You reference a "significant" level. Here's the key to the whole DISCUSSION.

It all boils down to your interpretation of whats "significant" to YOU. If it helps me 10%......that's "significant", TO ME (unless you're claiming that regeneration is not possible to ANY degree).

Sooooooo.....like I've always said.....it ALL boils down to $$. Unless you're telling me that regeneration is NOT POSSIBLE AT ANY LEVEL......then you're really saying you're not willing to spend the extra $$ for (_____%) increase in scent control.

So which is it? It's either:

A) I'm not willing to spend the extra $$ for (_____%) increase in scent control.

or

B) Regeneration is NOT possible....to ANY degree.

So I'll ask the naysayers.......which is it....A) or B)?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I wish I'd been around to answer this the FIRST time it was asked......because the answer is quite simple. You reference a "significant" level. Here's the key to the whole DISCUSSION.

It all boils down to your interpretation of whats "significant" to YOU. If it helps me 10%......that's "significant", TO ME (unless you're claiming that regeneration is not possible to ANY degree).

Sooooooo.....like I've always said.....it ALL boils down to $$. Unless you're telling me that regeneration is NOT POSSIBLE AT ANY LEVEL......then you're really saying you're not willing to spend the extra $$ for (_____%) increase in scent control.

So which is it? It's either:

A) I'm not willing to spend the extra $$ for (_____%) increase in scent control.

or

B) Regeneration is NOT possible....to ANY degree.

So I'll ask the naysayers.......which is it....A) or B)?
A. It is not money for me; remember my $600 Gray Wolf Woolens order.

B. I have NEVER read anywhere on on carbon knowledge info that carbon can INDEED be reactivated/regenerated/desorbed to any reabsorbing abilities EXCEPT on the carbon clothes advertising. Give us proof that some desorbing/reactivation,regeneration CAN IN FACT take place in a low temperature homeowners dryer. These carbon company clothing manufacturers need to have three scientist give us unbiased reports on these carbon clothing manufacturers' claims of low heat regeneration/reactivation/desorbing. Give the scientists names and credentials to back up this statement of being able to be reactivated/regenerated/desorbed in a homeowners low heat dryer. The companies that specialize in carbon reactivation state that it requires 1500 degree heat and steam in specializedfacilitiesand the carbon clothing companies claim 140 degreesin a dryer at home. Do you see NOW why we have a hard time buying the whole advertising campaign from the clothing makers? Are we SUPPOSSED to be BELIEVE the marketing campaign and ignore the facts that we read about carbon? Are we ridiculous to want answers? It is NOT ABOUT MONEY for me, I WANT ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Don:

I'll take that as a "B"?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Banned

GMATT, do you believe it can be regenerated in a homeowners dryer and if so please help me; show me how you came to this conclusion? Please provide me some links to look at.
Thank you,
Don
Old 03-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Don:

Do I believe it can be generated.....to SOME DEGREE.....in a residential dryer?

Yes.

DO I believe it can be 100% regenerated? Nope. Do I believe ANY scent-control/elimination product is 100 foolproof? Nope.

Am I willing to pay the extra dollars for the (____%) benefit that I can produce in my residential dryer? Yep. (I'm going under the assumption that these items cost more than regular camo.....which in MY case hasnt proven to be true).

NowI'LL ask again.......Are you saying it can't be regenrated to ANY degree (in my residential dryer)?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Banned

Please give some info to read so that I too can believe that it can be regenerated to some degree in a homeowners' dryer. Jeff, Anybody?????
Thank you,
Don

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.