Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Old 03-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Here so this ends

Mr. TR has some history with scentlok, take it for what it is worth.

http://www.trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm
Old 03-18-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

I would hardly classify those as complaints. If that's as bad of complaints as you can come up with I can certainly see why carbon clothing enjoys such success.

Yea...........a bunch of guys saying that they used it and couldn't notice a difference between when they did and didn't is really a ringing endorsement.............that's the worst complaint there could be......after all, you have already stated carbon clothing is the key to seeing and killing more mature deer...........I guess all these people disagree with your "faith"

Yes, I know I'm right. You don't care. Pretty convenient. You question me about the validity of some of the posters claims but when you see the truth you "don't care". It's not keeping track, it's called paying attention.

You can try to twist my words as much as you want.........you claimed earlier that me and others are obsessed about this topic and then clearly displayed that you are the one with the "woody" over it by monitoring and keeping track of other members comments.......I don't care about this topic enough to spy on other members. I know the truth and simply point it out........in factual evidence (something you have NEVER done). That is why anecdotal evidence is useless. EVERY "story" about a suit could be a lie (yours included)...........that's why I don't care about them.......you want to use them as your sole evidence so I try to show you that for every story like yours there is one in the other direction.......if one person or everyone is lying only further illustrates my point why "stories" don't matter and science does...........even if your posterboy Chuck is telling it.

You slam REAL USERS because they tell their true, positive experiences then want to cite NON USERS testimonials, then say you don't care when presented with the truth.
What "truth" aero??.........that you think some kid on his parents PC is lying because you have been monitoring him and keeping track of what he says??.........that is all you have to offer as the "truth"?

So, with you, its "if own it and say it works, you don't know what you're talking about", but anybody whose never used it or says they do and slams it, then they are right. Nice.
I have tried to discuss the topic with you MANY times based on nothing other then science and you are unable or unwilling to do that so YOU resort to "stories" about a deer down wind and pictures of Chuck Adams.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:44 AM

You keep asking the same question without posting a link to: 1) where the picture came from,
I don't recall you asking for it..........besides, the picture is linked to the website I took it from. All you have to do is check the properties and you would know the location. (I assumed everyone knew this).

2) link showing exactly WHICH carbon manufacturer and which clothing item (there's more than one),
Already told you it was SL.

3) link verifying how much carbon the picture is representing,
link verifying what??..........just use your eyes. I estimated 25-30% of the surface area. If you think that is drastically off by looking at the picture then please feel free to give me your estimate.

4) link showing what percentage the manufacturers claim is in the clothing,
"a very thin layer" is the quote and you have already posted the link.

you claim 30% - where do you get your numbers?
Just an estimate based on visual appearence.........feel free to give me yours if you disagree.

Where do you get 70% of air inside the suit won't be affected?
100%-30%= what?

YOU CAN'T POST A LINK, WON'T POST A LINK, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A LINK.
Wrong, WRONG, wrong.

I find it quite amusing that you are DEMANDING all this hardcore evidence to back up my statements............but you just take anything the carbon suit companies tell you as gospel.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:48 AM

Now that you have all the info you wanted.

I will ask you for the eighth time now aero,

Please explain how the suit eliminates your scent at a significant level (forget the regeneration stuff for this discussion) considering the photo that I showed you with no more then 30% of the surface area of the fabric containing carbon particles..........also considering that physics dictates that airflow (and other forms of matter) will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance which in any non air tight garment would be the neck, arm, waist, and leg openings. Even assuming ALL the air from inside the suit got somehow forced through the garment (which everyone knows doesn't happen) 70% of it will never even touch the carbon.

Please explain.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

double post

Old 03-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

So. T.R. Michels. Thanks, Germ. Should have known. He seems to be the main source for the carbon bashers.
ORIGINAL: atlasman

I would hardly classify those as complaints. If that's as bad of complaints as you can come up with I can certainly see why carbon clothing enjoys such success.

Yea...........a bunch of guys saying that they used it and couldn't notice a difference between when they did and didn't is really a ringing endorsement.............that's the worst complaint there could be......after all, you have already stated carbon clothing is the key to seeing and killing more mature deer...........I guess all these people disagree with your "faith"
Hardly disgruntled, but you must grasp at what you can.

Yes, I know I'm right. You don't care. Pretty convenient. You question me about the validity of some of the posters claims but when you see the truth you "don't care". It's not keeping track, it's called paying attention.

You can try to twist my words as much as you want.........you claimed earlier that me and others are obsessed about this topic and then clearly displayed that you are the one with the "woody" over it by monitoring and keeping track of other members comments.......I don't care about this topic enough to spy on other members. I know the truth and simply point it out........in factual evidence (something you have NEVER done). That is why anecdotal evidence is useless. EVERY "story" about a suit could be a lie (yours included)...........that's why I don't care about them.......you want to use them as your sole evidence so I try to show you that for every story like yours there is one in the other direction.......if one person or everyone is lying only further illustrates my point why "stories" don't matter and science does...........even if your posterboy Chuck is telling it.
You say anecdotal evidence is worthless but you want to post that 10 out of 24 posters arent' raving about it. What a joke. You couldn't carry Chucks' quiver. I can post pics of my suit if you'd like. I've never had a reason to lie. If I don't own or have used something I don't post that I do. I gave you examples, you don't want to accept the truth. I figured as much. I'm not obsessed with carbon, as you are. I only want others to know the truth. New people come on here all the time and when they see yours and others posts, although the rest of us have seen it for years, they don't know better. When someone posts they own the clothing are presenting that they have tried it when they actually haven't, I think people should know that. Obviously, those aren't important to you. I figured that, too.

You slam REAL USERS because they tell their true, positive experiences then want to cite NON USERS testimonials, then say you don't care when presented with the truth.
What "truth" aero??.........that you think some kid on his parents PC is lying because you have been monitoring him and keeping track of what he says??.........that is all you have to offer as the "truth"?

Some kid? Yes, you're making it more obvious you haven't been paying attention. Those posters are older than you. You like to cite how many say they don't like it but you have nothing to substantiate.

So, with you, its "if own it and say it works, you don't know what you're talking about", but anybody whose never used it or says they do and slams it, then they are right. Nice.
I have tried to discuss the topic with you MANY times based on nothing other then science and you are unable or unwilling to do that so YOU resort to "stories" about a deer down wind and pictures of Chuck Adams.

No. You don't try to discuss anything. You provide the same technical data that's been floating around for years and DOES NOT PROVE THAT THE CLOTHING CAN OR CANNOT do as its advertised. You pull the same biased "facts" from T.R.Michels, known to be tied to a competing product, and Michael Corrigan, who it tied to Michels. Yes, I'm done. You have no more proof that the clothing works/doesn't work than what you rant others don't.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is getting REAL OLD fellows, are we about done?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

eary, It was real old for me a few years ago. And yes, I'm done.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dupe post.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's early not eary, aero. See how that pace wears you down?

Quick Reply: Why do the two carbon clothing manufacturers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.