Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why doesnt all the bow companys team up and create a super bow?

Old 03-14-2007, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Why doesnt all the bow companys team up and create a super bow?

Another big thing is that alot of companies are based on certain ideas that are entirely different from others. Look at Hoyt/BowTech/Darton compared to Mathews. Mathews is dead stuck on "Solo Cam" technology while Hoyt/BowTech/Darton have moved on to new updated Hybrid cam designs. Mathews is set on the Zebra/Barracuda strings while other companies use strings such as WC and SM. These companies can't put their name on a product if it is going to interfer with the contracts that they already have. Another thing is the competition has left some bad taste in companies mouths. Remember when Mathews put out an add directly bashing Hoyt? That caused a large uproar and I am sure these companies still don't think that highly of each other, same for BowTech and Elite.

Its a great idea in theory but the fact is that it could never be set-up because of what I mentioned above. The other thing to think of is that each company would want its own "touch" on the bow and that could cause some big performance problems.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hmm ...... made in china ring a bell ?...
Old 03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Another big thing is that alot of companies are based on certain ideas that are entirely different from others. Look at Hoyt/BowTech/Darton compared to Mathews. Mathews is dead stuck on "Solo Cam" technology while Hoyt/BowTech/Darton have moved on to new updated Hybrid cam designs. Mathews is set on the Zebra/Barracuda strings while other companies use strings such as WC and SM. These companies can't put their name on a product if it is going to interfer with the contracts that they already have. Another thing is the competition has left some bad taste in companies mouths. Remember when Mathews put out an add directly bashing Hoyt? That caused a large uproar and I am sure these companies still don't think that highly of each other, same for BowTech and Elite.

Its a great idea in theory but the fact is that it could never be set-up because of what I mentioned above. The other thing to think of is that each company would want its own "touch" on the bow and that could cause some big performance problems.

you beat me to it!! They wouldnt be able to agree on ideas and please answer me this question......What would a super bow be? No matter what people have different wants and needs. Theres no way to make a bow that EVERYONE will like.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09
you beat me to it!! They wouldnt be able to agree on ideas and please answer me this question......What would a super bow be? No matter what people have different wants and needs. Theres no way to make a bow that EVERYONE will like.
Sure they can, its called a Bowte.... Ahh, I better not.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: Cougars09
Sure they can, its called a Bowte.... Ahh, I better not.

Boy did I set myself up for that one. I actually typed it and then erased it, and then typed it again. I could just see someone saying....."they already did and its called the Guardian." But then I know ive seen a few posts saying they didnt care for and notice I said a few.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why doesn't all the bow company's team up and create a super bow?

they wouldn't team up because of money and ego

[/align]
Old 03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now from the looks of it, I 'd say the Elite Envy is going to be the closest thing to it. Think about it, Bowtech riser, Darton eccentrics(in a round aboutway) Mathews-ish string suppressors, Barnesdale limbs and Vapor Trail strings. 355fps with a 7" brace height and if the draw is anything like a K8 Synergy cam it's going to be awesome. Really, (besides the price) what's not to like?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

There are laws against it.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

im glad there isnt one.. be kinda boring if everyone had the same thing
Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

If all the bow companies got together and created the "master bow" we'd all be lost...there would be nothing to bash.

Quick Reply: Why doesnt all the bow companys team up and create a super bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.