Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question RE: Carbon Clothing

Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question RE: Carbon Clothing

..........and play the wind..........

I thought you didn't have to do that with scent blocker etc. Isn't that actually what your paying for?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM

yes.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

..........and play the wind..........

I thought you didn't have to do that with scent blocker etc. Isn't that actually what your paying for?
Well said Charlie.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

First part;
Since I don't own carbon clothing, I don't feel qualified to answer, or at least argue my opinion, but I'd go with yes, seems like it should work at least as well as non-carbon.

Second part;
I think it is actually peoples good nature that keeps bringing up the conflict. If you study the requirements of owning and reactivating, you almost have to feel as though it is impossible to meet the manufacturers requirements for maintenance, so you elect to stay away from it. Your good nature then makes you want to share your knowledge with others so that they're not taken advantage of. But the others may be embarrassed that they didn't look into it as far as they should and bought it, or believe the sales pitch, so the argument begins.

They sell the stuff (carbon) in a spray bottle. I can't think of an easier reactivation than that - if you feel carbon is a benefit to you.

Good post man!

See ya
Right on Killer.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
So.....what we've REALLY got is......a group of people who don't want to pay extra for the "scent elim."/carbon characteristics/etc.... wanting to make those who think it "might" or even "does" feel like they got "duped".....bought Snake oil"...etc...
Prove to me there are "scent elim."/carbon characteristics/etc and I will spend the money and so will many other hunters. The science and carbon industry says otherwise. We have the knowledge,because we read on the subject of carbon and are smart shoppers.
The manufacturers tell us to forget the wind and just hunt, but not one hunter who has bought carbon clothing has stated that you can indeed forget the wind and just hunt.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Prove to me there are "scent elim."/carbon characteristics/etc and I will spend the money and so will many other hunters. The science and carbon industry says otherwise.
I hate these threads but I'll ask anyway....If carbon is ineffective then why are carbon filters used in air purification systems, water purification systems , NASA ,the government,The masks that auto body teck's use, etc,etc.???
Carbon is a filtering material , thats scientific. Ask a chemical engineer.
With all due respect , what industry are you referring to?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Jeff,

Why does it matter to you what matters to them? With all do respect, this thread sure seemed to be started for the sole purpose to diminish another thread .... you even used part of theirtitle ...

Exactly. Youconstantly wantto justify why YOU bought the stuff, but newsflash: nobody cares
Old 03-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

People who continually slam others just because they "think" they are smarter refuse to acknowledge the FACTS that: 1) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT are 100% satisfied with its performace, 2) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT do not think of it as some magic clothing that will prevent any detection from a deer's nose, 3) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT use it in conjunction with other scent suppressing methods, 4) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT have had numerous field experiences with and without using the clothing and are able to assimilate an educated guess as to its level of effectiveness, 5) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT do not consider carbon clothing a necessity to hunt, only their personal preference, 6) 100% of the technical data used by those denegrating the clothing is data pertaining to industrial use of carbon, not data substantiating evidence that some "regeneration" is possible, 7) the fact of carbons absorbtion property is not in question.
To call people on TV "sell-outs" because they promote a product that has a large contingent of satisfied users is ludicrous. Maybe they have ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT and don't see it as a sell-out at all. I doubt too many people here can say they've done as much as Tom Miranda.
Play the wind? That would be great if I was stalking. Sitting in a stand I've had in place for months doesn't give much a choice. I try to set up multiple stands so I have a choice depending on wind but that doesn't always pan out. Here's a quote:

" I have said it many times before - and I will say it again. I do not believe a hunter can cover his human scent 100-percent. If the wind blows directly from you to a whitetail, mulie, elk or moose, the sharp-nosed animal will smell something suspicious. This is especially true if you are hunting on foot, perspiring and giving off more than average amounts of human body odor. However, in most cases, your scent can be managed around a tree stand or ground blind to allow effective bowhunting."

and

"Perhaps the most exciting scientific scent innovation in recent years is the development of effective scent-blocking clothes. These garments incorporate activated carbon fibers to absorb human scent before it can exit the fabric.

Original Scent-Lok, Scent-Blocker and other makers' clothes are selling like hotcakes because they really work. Such duds are now available in lighter, thinner fabrics than ever before, and feature popular camo patterns. Typically popular fabrics are the ScentBlocker 3D Leafylite and ScentBlocker Ultralite, both from Robinson Labs. My own Super Slam Scent-Blocker Suit from Cabela's is also extremely popular with bowhunters.

Such a garment, when worn from head to toe can reduce the outflow of human scent molecules dramatically. I've tested scent-blocking garments around hundreds of deer, and these genuinely make a difference.

Whitetails in urban, suburban, and farmland areas are accustomed to smelling low-level human odor all the time. The deer that walks downwind from your ScentBlocker Suit probably can't tell for sure if someone walked past hours ago, if human scent is wafting from a distant house or car, or if a scent-blocked hunter is hovering nearby like a hawk after a meadow mouse. Regardless of what deer think, they seem less concerned about archers wearing high-tech carbon suits.

Modern scent strategies alone cannot make up for poor bowhunting habits. But when you combine scent management with good camouflage, deep knowledge of animal habits, and straight shooting, you will probably bring home the venison!"

Care to guess. That's from the ol' sell-out himself, Chuck Adams.

I, as well as several others I know who have used carbon clothing, have had nothing but positive experiences with it and will continue using it as part of our scent control. I will also say I have never paid a guide to set me up in a stand so I can shoot a deer.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree aeroslinger

Hey Preacher Tony, I love the smiley bangin his head against the wall, LMAO
Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

People who continually slam others just because they "think" they are smarter refuse to acknowledge the FACTS that: 1) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT are 100% satisfied with its performace, 2) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT do not think of it as some magic clothing that will prevent any detection from a deer's nose, 3) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT use it in conjunction with other scent suppressing methods, 4) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT have had numerous field experiences with and without using the clothing and are able to assimilate and educated guess as to its level of effectiveness, 5) the great majority of the ones WHO'VE ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT do not consider carbon clothing a necessity to hunt, only their personal preference, 6) 100% of the technical data used by those denegrating the clothing is data pertaining to industrial use of carbon, not data substantiating evidence that some "regeneration" is possible, 7) the fact of carbons absorbtion property is not in question.
To call people on TV "sell-outs" because they promote a product that has a satisfied users is ludicrous. Maybe they have ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCT and don't see it as a sell-out at all. I doubt too many people here can say they've done as much as Tom Miranda.
Play the wind? That would be great if I was stalking. Sitting in a stand I've had in place for months doesn't give much a choice. I try to set up multiple stands so I have a choice depending on wind but that doesn't always pan out. Here's a quote:

" I have said it many times before - and I will say it again. I do not believe a hunter can cover his human scent 100-percent. If the wind blows directly from you to a whitetail, mulie, elk or moose, the sharp-nosed animal will smell something suspicious. This is especially true if you are hunting on foot, perspiring and giving off more than average amounts of human body odor. However, in most cases, your scent can be managed around a tree stand or ground blind to allow effective bowhunting."

and

"Perhaps the most exciting scientific scent innovation in recent years is the development of effective scent-blocking clothes. These garments incorporate activated carbon fibers to absorb human scent before it can exit the fabric.

Original Scent-Lok, Scent-Blocker and other makers' clothes are selling like hotcakes because they really work. Such duds are now available in lighter, thinner fabrics than ever before, and feature popular camo patterns. Typically popular fabrics are the ScentBlocker 3D Leafylite and ScentBlocker Ultralite, both from Robinson Labs. My own Super Slam Scent-Blocker Suit from Cabela's is also extremely popular with bowhunters.

Such a garment, when worn from head to toe can reduce the outflow of human scent molecules dramatically. I've tested scent-blocking garments around hundreds of deer, and these genuinely make a difference.

Whitetails in urban, suburban, and farmland areas are accustomed to smelling low-level human odor all the time. The deer that walks downwind from your ScentBlocker Suit probably can't tell for sure if someone walked past hours ago, if human scent is wafting from a distant house or car, or if a scent-blocked hunter is hovering nearby like a hawk after a meadow mouse. Regardless of what deer think, they seem less concerned about archers wearing high-tech carbon suits.

Modern scent strategies alone cannot make up for poor bowhunting habits. But when you combine scent management with good camouflage, deep knowledge of animal habits, and straight shooting, you will probably bring home the venison!"

Care to guess. That's from the ol' sell-out himself, Chuck Adams.

I, as well as several others I know who have used carbon clothing, have had nothing but positive experiences with it and will continue using it as part of our scent control. I will also say I have never paid a guide to set me up in a stand so I can shoot a deer.
What he said!!!

Quick Reply: Question RE: Carbon Clothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.