Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most Under Rated Bow

Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most Under Rated Bow

I am bias because i have one but I have to say Reflex......shoot well and priced right...and by all means it is a Hoyt.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:28 PM

I think the most underated bows are martins they shoot exellent!!! the most overated would be hoyts and mathew
Old 03-14-2007, 08:33 PM

Fred Bear.............just a very solid line of hunting bows.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

The bear WHitetail ..... simply ......awesome![8D]

Now im not joking here but i had a bear whitetail elite from wally world when i started hunting years ago and it is one of the most accurate bows i have ever shot!!! Call me CRAZY but i would love to have it back i gave it to a buddy to get him into bowhuntin'!

As far as the most under rated i would have to say Martin,PSE (AR), Browning,Darton,Fred Bear, basically everything that isnot a mathews or hoyt!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

atlas, Do you shoot a Fred Bear. I have always been impressed with their bows and even considered buying. They seem to have some nice bows, especially for the price. I thought their grips were a little large for my liking but it seems they are making them with slimmer grips now.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I said Diamond because I think they are under rated, not because I think they have gotten a bad rap.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Fred bear,I've never owned one myself,but for the money and the quality you get,they are a good deal.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

In my opinion dartons are junk, ive know 5 friends who all had limbs explode on new darton bows.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

atlas, Do you shoot a Fred Bear.
Not anymore aero...........I gave it to my brother because he was having some hard times and wasn't gonna be able to get a bow to hunt with years ago........very nice bow and dollar for dollar I would say it was a better bow at $400 then some of the $700 bows I have tried since.

I have always been impressed with their bows and even considered buying. They seem to have some nice bows, especially for the price.
Absolutely..........I used to say on here that the SHOCK STOP system they had was awesome but they would crack after awhile........and whoever figured out the way to perfect that idea would do very well. Looks like STS turned out to be that "whoever".

I thought their grips were a little large for my liking but it seems they are making them with slimmer grips now.
Yes.......definitely. The grip on my bow was great, it was a checkered wood nicely formed grip similar to mathews but smaller........then they went to those ugly and bulky rubber grips which I thought were terrible. They have addressed their grip issue very well.........and I would guess that is due in no small part to Will Primos and his guys input.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a Jennings Airmaster - and I've beat that thing to a pulp, and it still gets it done. Despite being about 9 years old, it still can crank out 300+ with the right arrow, and gets 290 with my hunting set.

The year I bought it, I accidentally dryfired it from full draw @ 76#. No harm, no foul.
About six years ago, I dropped it from 25' up a cherry tree. Busted sights, crushed arrows, butno harm to the bow.
Last year, I hammered the bottom cam off my Summit climber while shooting at a deer.It scraped up the cam, but it never lost center.
I even pulled out one time and had it fall off the roof of my car (forgot to put it inside the car) - scraped and bounceddown the road at 10-20 mph.

I don't baby any of my gear, and usually most things that I use, I'll find a way to destroy/break within 2-3 seasons, butthat bow is the exception to the rule. I've tried everything to ruin it, and it keeps on ticking.

Jennings gets my vote. I hear a lot of great things about the Dartons too.

Quick Reply: Most Under Rated Bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.