Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most Under Rated Bow

Old 03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Most Under Rated Bow

Diamond
Old 03-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bear WHitetail ..... simply ......awesome![8D]
Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Martin and Alpine archery.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you say diamond? I don't think they get a bad rap at all.
ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Diamond
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM

I would have to say Browning as well. I have the Rage One and think it's the best bow for the money. It doesn't seem to get any discussion however. Nobody seems to care about Browning even though PSE makes them and they're huge.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:29 PM

In this category ,I would have to say that there are several that I could mention. Darton, Bear , Reflex, Ross and a couple more.I think what under rates a bow co. is their advertising budget and the $ they can afford to spend on PRO shooters. Let's face it , if Ross spent the $ that Mathews or Hoyt does on advertising and shooting staff, Ross could be the next Mathews or Hoyt or Bowtech. The same goes for Darton or Bear andthe rest also.
They ALL make a great product and "TOP OF THE MIND AWARENESS" is key in marketing. It's all about marketing until you,(bow company A or B or C) start putting out junk. Then nothing will help.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:08 PM

I had a Browning Tornado and I had nothing but problems. Why do you say it was a heck of a bow?
Well, he owned the bow for a few seasons and never had any problems with it, but then again, he took very good care of it. The bow was every bit as accurate as the BowTech he replaced it with and it didn't have any problems killing the deer and turkey he shot with it. For the money it was a very nice bow, good construction, some nice features (such as the large amount of draw length adjustment), it was pretty smooth and didn't have alot of noise or handshock. It did everything that a "top" bow would do at half the price.

I could shoot any compound bow on the market right now and still plenty efficent to kill an animal and I would enjoy shooting the bow no matter how much noise/handshock/striff D.F.C. I just flat out enjoy shooting bows. I shoot a top end BowTech.. Why you may ask, because I could afford it and I liked it. If I didn't have the money to drop on it, I could still have as much fun shooting a PSE Nova. Too many people get caught up in the "you have to get a top end bow" theory and its just not true. Like I said, I shoot a "top end" bow but I would never say that you "have to have one". Every bow out there today, no matter if it cost $1,000 or $100 will only be as accurate as the person behind it.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

After seeing the poll on "THE MOST OVER RATED BOWS", I'd say the most under rated bow is Mathews. But I am bias.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

I've always thought my Pearson stacked up pretty well against other bows I've tried, including Mathews and Bowtech.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for Pearson. My Pearson Stealth is an incredible bow. I've shot Hoyts and Mathews but both the Pearson bow's I've owned have been great to me.

Quick Reply: Most Under Rated Bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.