So whats a good color scheme?? Thinking green and black w. no wrap, but want more opinions. Any suggestions on wraps? I'll..." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Your Help!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need Your Help!

Ok, starting to get excited bout turkey season and need to refletch... Dont think its a good idea to hunt w/ orange&red wraps and all white fletching

So whats a good color scheme?? Thinking green and black w. no wrap, but want more opinions. Any suggestions on wraps?

I'll be ordering my stuff in a few days so I have time to think bout it.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Your Help!

Not to steal your post, but what broad heads would you use on these arrows?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, neither are an issue. This is because I don't feel like I'd be able to shoot a turkey with a bow with out a ground blind. I have one store bought blind, but I don't really like it, but use it if there is rain in the forcast. I prefer natural cover (dead branches/evergreen to fill holes). Not real sure what broad head would be better, but I can't imagine that it matters much.
Good luck,
KP
Old 03-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Although I WILL be using a ground blind.....for MY circumstances....I don't think it makes a difference. I'm going to fletch my turkey arrows with yellow blazers......and NO wraps. I'll also use a lumenok (if nothing else...it'll aid in recovering the arrow....lol). My quivered arrows won't be visible to the birds....NOR will my nocked vanes (looking straight on), so I'm not going to put TOO much thought into this.

If I were NOT utilizing a blind......I'd go with yellow vanes.....NO wraps.....and I'd keep my vanes covered while in the quiver.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Will most likely be using Magnus stingers 4-blades. Might buy some gobbler guillitines..

Also, I kinda just feel the need to refletch
Old 03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think a BRIGHT green would be a good choice. It will look like a leaf to a turkey and won't look like a bird to another hunter.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I know is that the neon yellow Blazers LIGHT UP against tukerys, and everything else that I have shot them at for that matter. I used to use white, but after trying neon yellow I am never going back.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I suggest Bohnings Camo vanes, they are camoflage colored and they dont have any kind of shine to them.