Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Turkey w/ Bow??

Old 03-14-2007, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkey w/ Bow??

Just wonderin how many of yall are gonna turkey hunt w/ a bow this year. I think this will be my first attempt.

Thank God for Striper fishing and Turkey season....

It keeps me from going crazy!! Fishing is getting good up in these parts... nother two weeks or so and the big hogs will be up in the flats!! (just a side note for my MD buddies)
Old 03-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey w/ Bow??

My brother in law and myself are going to try and get a double with our bows this year. Ipicked up a B-Mobile turkey decoy hoping they will focus on that and not so much on our movements. My son sure does like it!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am ... thats all I use when I hunt , strictly archery all the way even when I deer hunt.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

My brother in law and myself are going to try and get a double with our bows this year. Ipicked up a B-Mobile turkey decoy hoping they will focus on that and not so much on our movements. My son sure does like it!

Nice kid you got there Ryan! Looks like he has a new toy to play with! Good luck on your double this year
Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

Give the kid a bow for gods sake. What is he gonna do, bite them thing in the neck!?!?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Didn't mean to hijak the thread with my son's pic!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

i want to try it this year for the first time, ive heard it is really hard though, but i am always up for a challenge.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

BP shotgun first then bow for bird #2.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

After getting one with my bow last year I am going back to the shotgun. It was just a whole lot cleaner. Plus, those dang things are so tough it is guarenteed to break or bend your arrow, which is a lot more expensive than a shotgun shell. But then, I am a cheap *ss
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Ed,

I am gonna do it again this year. Speaking of gobblers they've been gobbling the last two evenings I've been out shedhunting/scouting.. time is near!

Quick Reply: Turkey w/ Bow??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.