Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
mathew
55.48%
pse
6.45%
browning
1.29%
bowtech
18.71%
renegade
0.65%
other
4.52%
hoyt
12.90%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

most over rated bow?

Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 PM

Default RE: most over rated bow?

I was at the MN deer and Turkey expo this last weekend, and a dealer that sells Bowtech, Hoyt and Mathews was there letting you shoot all three. I like different aspects of all three, I prefered the drenalin, just because of the smoothness and the weight of the bow (I obviously shoot a mathews so I am sure you will think I am bias). But I am with those of you who say that whatever you are most comfortable with is what is best for you because confidence is more then half the battle.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 PM

I believe the term "over rated" is used out of context in many cases when it comes to bows. Over rated in whose opinion? Remember that we are the end users, andwe determine by market share the "rating". Or do we?
As evidenced by the opinions here everyday ,I can't remember anyonethat was looking for a new bow that REALLY claimed a hands down, no contest ,head and shoulders above the rest Winner in their new bow choice. Most guys here shot at least 3 different brands and several models from each.And I don't think anyone could say that there was a real standout in the "new bow choice" category.
I sold a Mathews SW for a new Diamond Black Ice. Would I say that the B.I. was better than the SW. In some ways "yes" and in some "no".
There are always diehards, but they don't give the other side a fair shake anyway. At least not until their favorite bow line Pi$$e$ them off.
There was alot of "ship jumping" goin' on here this year. And that's a good thing for all of us. It keeps the manufacturer's on thier toes.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

For most people the most over rated bow is the one they didn't drop the big bucks for.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

For most people the most over rated bow is the one they didn't drop the big bucks for.
It always comes down to price..There is a contigency that just will not pay for top equipment be it, Bows, Golf Clubs, Boots and most other things. They can justify their penny pinching by saying "your paying for a name" or "it's over-rated". I have nothing against the comparative shopper or the guy on a budget, but don't diss me just because I splurge on top line equipment for things I'm passionate about.

Don't let your Alligator Arms and deep pockets decide what equipment is best. Try them out and then say honestly.."Man I love the new XXX Bow but I can't afford it right now, so I bought a really nice ..........."
Old 03-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it all depends on the use. Weather its hunting...3-D... 5 spot..... you realy do not need top of the line for hunting, just reliable and good shooting for the hunter. 3-D requires a little faster bow if your yardage eye is not too good........

I will say my accracy went way up with my new bow. Brand??? Price???? Feel???? Not sure, but I know I do not like to shoot two arrow into the same target.

I voted Botech, I have only shot one and YES it was fast! But it did not compare in feel, sound, and shock to my AR.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

After voting I found the current results amusing.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

It always comes down to price..There is a contigency that just will not pay for top equipment be it, Bows, Golf Clubs, Boots and most other things. They can justify their penny pinching by saying "your paying for a name" or "it's over-rated". I have nothing against the comparative shopper or the guy on a budget, but don't diss me just because I splurge on top line equipment for things I'm passionate about.

Don't let your Alligator Arms and deep pockets decide what equipment is best. Try them out and then say honestly.."Man I love the new XXX Bow but I can't afford it right now, so I bought a really nice ..........."
I hear ya, GR8. I've never FELT "duped"!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

i have a 400dollar pse bow, my friend has a 1k matthews bow, i shoot beter than him
What does that have to do with the bow? If you swap bows, does that make your buddy the better shooter?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

There should have been an "all of the above" category in the poll. All of the bows are overrated in some form or fashion.

The manufactures will lead you to believe that if you buy their bow, you'll instantly become a better archer and harvest bigger game.

It's just like golf equipment....."if you buy our driver, you'll instantly add 50+ yards to your drives...."

It's all BS. It doesn't matter who makes the equipment as long as you purchase equipment that fits you personally AND is within your skill level.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

ORIGINAL: Campo

ORIGINAL: adewilde

with all the bows out there what brand is the most over rated?
You forgot Hoyt, which would have been my first vote.
Here is my opinion on overratedness.
1.Bowtech
2.Hoyt
3.Mathews
4.The paper clip bow I just made during study hall. The thing shoots 10fps...that is blazing fast!
Edit: The reason I say Bowtech is this. They didnt actually invent much, if any, of the technology that they use. Darton owns the patent on their cam system as well as a few other aspects of their supposed leading technology.
If Darton were that great, then we would see them instead of Bowtech.
Why would you? They are makinf bank on every bow that Bowtech sells. Why go through the hassel of advertising when Bowtech has to pay them for the usage of their patent?
If someone was paying you to do nothing, would you be awfully eager to go overboard with effort.
All I can say is this.
Darton Pro3000: 71#@27"+396gr arrow=301fps.
That is darn fast..faster than any BowCrap I have shot

Quick Reply: most over rated bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.