Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sheds..where?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sheds..where?

Spent a couple morehours out yesterday evening looking for sheds. I still haven't found even one this year!!

But, I found the sweetest corner that I've apparently under-rated for the the last two years. It is a high traffic area based on the sign i'm seeing. It's an area where I've seen the occasional deer but never paid it that close of attention. I was fooled because from where I was looking there is a slight crest that kept me from seeing the majority of the area.
I never thought there was enough area to hunt...well it's much bigger than I imagined. I can currently hunt on all sides of it but never asked the middle guy, cuz I didn't think there was that much area there.
I'll have to apply the charm and gain permission next year.

Is it too early to be stoked for next season????
Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Default RE: Sheds..where?

You kiddin me?!?!?! Thats all I think about!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Lisa and I walked 2 hours, Saturday......and I found exactly ONE...lol. It was still pretty exciting to find my first shed, ever.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

I just read HNI Justin's Field journal and he said he walked over 16 miles with a lot of people searching for sheds. I guess that is what I am doing wrong. I only walk about 2 miles and it's usually just me. Looks like I need to find some more people to go out walking with.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

GMMAT

is your avatar showing a picture of a deer shooting an arrow at a hunter? It looks like the arrow is heading towards the hunter rather than away.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 AM

Na, you dont need an entourage to find sheds.I've realized that shed hunting involves more luck than anything. I've spent a lot of timesearching beds, fence crossings, creek crossings, low overhead paths,or anything that might coax an antler to fall off.And in my life, I've found about as many sheds when I wasn't looking for them than when I was. Hiking back to a fishing hole, mowing field roads, mowing around fields, pulling out treestands, stepping away from the aforementioned mower to take a dump, whatever.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

GMMAT

is your avatar showing a picture of a deer shooting an arrow at a hunter? It looks like the arrow is heading towards the hunter rather than away.
i agree the arrow is going the wrong way? boomerang arrow?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree, guys......the deer are mean around here.....and I JUST ducked the shot.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

GMMAT

I dunno looks right to me.. The bigger portion is fletching the short portion is broad-head. It does look a little late for the shot though..[:-]
Old 03-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

GR8atta2d, I was out last week for about 4 hours. I didn't see the first shed either. I looked along field edges and possibly places where deer may have to jump over or duck under to get where they want to go. We had alot of rain and the creeks had come out of there banks and pushed all the small branches, twigs together....everything looked like a shed.[:'(] I don't hunt this place, but a guy I know shot a 12 point out of there with a ML and said he had seen a bigger one.

Looks right to me also, The white on theend of arrow,hunters side is definitley the flights....I think 4" dura vanes.
crutch

Quick Reply: Sheds..where?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.