Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else name their stands?feel sorry for me

Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone else name their stands?feel sorry for me

The reason for this thread is in the past month we lost our most productive spot. A little 7 acre bedding area. A perfect rectangle bout 180 yards by 350 yards. We called it "THE MEAT RUN". And the stand was called "THE BATTERS BOX". Here is how we hunted it, from the property edge 2 guys go walk in to the stand and simple 2x6 gamed in a fork about 14' up. 1 guy goes up the other walks to the far edge, down the far edge looped the bottom at a slow pace. The deer always came up the opposite edge for a perfect 30 yard shot, a little MAAAAAAA stopem and thwack! 9 time out of 10 the fell in my BACK YARD!!! Over the past 10 years we took 20 plus deer out of this simple stand. Buck's and doe alike. This year there was 4 taken including a 120" 10 point in a bachalor group of 6 bucks, yes 6 bucks. It was the first buck for a lucky junior hunter. We always spread the wealth. If someone didn't have a deer late in the season that is who was in the stand. You could kill 1 deer today out of 4 today and tomorrow there could be 6 in there. They just felt safe in there along a buisy road. When it realy wasn't really safe at all. Anyhow the land clearing is going ahead as planed and "THE BATTERS BOX" was cut down today. I'll miss that productive simple stand, it has produced alot of meat for seveeral families!
A little long but I don't post often!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 PM

Default RE: Anyone else name their stands?

We don't have any with real elaborate or creativenames, most just relate to their location on the property.

For instance here are several of them;

The knoll stand.
The top fence stand.
The south field stand.
The powerline stand.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

Well you get my drift when I say "THE BATTERS BOX". O, I should say it was an archery only stand for the safety zone around my 4 acres.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:07 AM

At are camp they are named after the guys who first built them.

Doc's blind
Pete's blind and so on
Old 03-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

We always name ours. Easier to identify which ones which. We'd always lie to each other and tell the others we shot a deer out of a different stand than the one we actually did.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Bartender

The honey hole, 50 cent stand. Always a spike from it which we call half a buck hence 50 cent stand.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:14 AM

You have to name them when you have a lot of them.The log slide,the pony field,red bank,old man,narly,bruar batch,twin springs,I could go on and on.

[/align]
Old 03-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

i call my one spot the promise land because im garented a deer.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I call mine Summits and Gorilla (j/k). I honestly don't hunt the same tree more than once or twice.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

We have a tree named "old faithful" Its a lone tree out in the middle ofa section doesn't get hunted much but seems like whoever hunts it first usually fills a tag.

Quick Reply: Anyone else name their stands?feel sorry for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.