Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new bow?

Old 03-12-2007, 07:30 AM

Default new bow?

i posted this in another forum but im just goin again cause i didnt find it but i have a bank of about 400$ and im lookin for a good bow around that price...any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: new bow?

Is that the bare bow price or with accessories installed? If it is the former then I would suggest looking at the Diamond Rapture. Its specs are pretty attractive.
[ul][*]Axle-To-Axle – 31 1/2”[*]IBO Speed– 300-308 fps[*]Brace Height – 8 inches[/ul]
[/align][ul][*]Mass Weight – 3.6[*]Draw Lengths – 26”-31”[*]Draw Weights – 60, 70 [/ul]
[/align]....plus you get a "hush kit" (noise/vibration dampening accessories) already factory installed. Price is usually around $370 most places.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Spike

I am also looking for a bow and someone else told me about the Bowtech Dimond line, And i did go check them out at bass pro, however, they did not let me shoot them. Do most outfiters operate that way? they dont let you shot them?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Diamonds are good, the new fread bears are nice, some parkers are ok. They all should be around your price range. They all are good bows, its just what you like and what fits your best.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:40 PM

There are plenty of mid-range priced bows made my top manufacturers.

Bowtech has Diamond.
Mathews has Mission.
Hoyt has Reflex.

My suggestion, as it always is, is to visit your local pro shop and shoot as many models as you can in your price range. Trust me when I say that at least one bow you shoot will just feel... right. It'll grab you and you won't want to put it down to pull your wallet out.

Shoot some of last years top shelf bows too. You'll find excellent deals on fully set up bows over on ArcheryTalk.com

Among these I would strongly suggest Ross and Bowtech. But again, shoot as many as you can before making any deicsion.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

look at the bear model that the primos guys use....it is a sweet bow for the $$
Old 03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Reflex Highlander....under $400 and love it!!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Mathews has Mission.

those bows just look.....well, they look TERRIBLE
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Mathews has Mission.

those bows just look.....well, they look TERRIBLE
They definitely don't look like they're produced by a major manufacturer, but I suppose someone out there will like them.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:22 AM

Check out Martins line . I have a 2001 Jaguar I bought 2nd hand($225, w/accesories) and love it . I put my bows through some harsh hunts and The Martin is ready to go everytime . Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.