Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tresspassing Thief!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tresspassing Thief!

Every year, I wait until the 1st or 2nd weekend of March to shed antler hunt my favorite spot. I've never went into the particular spot and not found "several" antlers.

So Friday afternoon, I decide hunt the place. Istart walkingand immediately startseeing deer running everywhere.... all without antlers. So much deer sign it was crazy. Things were looking very promising!

So I walked, and walked and walked some more.2-3 hours later and no antlers! I knew something wasn't quite right. So I decided to get my game camera (Connected to my treestand) and when I got there, it was gone.

So it seems somebody decided to tresspass, grab all the antlers, and then take my $200 game camera. My name was on it, sothe theifeven knew who they were stealing from.

Of all of the years I have been hunting, I'vebeen very fortunate in that I've never had anything stolen, from the field. So there is a first time for everything. I have some ideasofwho it possibly may have been, butjust don't know for sure... other than it'd deffinately besomeone local,just because of the land location. I don't understand why hunters would steal from other neighbor hunters.

I''ll start locking things up from now on! Better yet, I'll rig atracking device to it!

Sorry to rant!
How about you? Ever had any problems with tresspassing theives?
Old 03-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tresspassing Theif!

Sorry, but it's thief not theif. Yea they suck![>:]
Old 03-11-2007, 08:05 PM

Yep. I've lost a couple of Cuddebacks in the last couple years. Nothing is sacred anymore.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Somebody got at one of my treestands this year (on private prop)- demolished it (couldn't get through the lock), and stole all the steps. Had another one stolen a couple years back. I couldn't even entertain the thought of using game cameras around here - with all the ATV trespasser traffic, it wouldn't last a week. When I was a kid, I grew a pretty nice ginseng patch, probably worth $500-1000 at the time, and some scumball sneaked onto my uncle'swoods and ripped that off too.

Sorry to hear about that Joey - I know you're a hard-working guy, and you take a lot of pride in what you do and how you do it.I hate to see some lowlife scum rip you off like that. I really am starting to lose faith in our fellow outdoorsmen.

If it makes you feel any better, I got onto a really good farm yesterday to shed hunt it - fully expecting to find a good handful of sheds in the fields - isolated place, posted, LOADED to the teeth with dear (I'd seriously give my right arm to hunt this place) - nice emerald green low cut fields, strips, and edges, all littered with hoofprints anddroppings, sawprobably 10-15 deer,zero sheds. Noticed a few fresh boot tracks in the muddy spots, along with some quad tracks coming up over a freshly cut trail in the back. Obviously, some scumball slipped in the back and poached all the sheds beforeI could get to them. Landowner says that nobody else was supposed to be in there. Maybe some silver-lining, though. I'm hoping that I made some in-roads for a new archery spot there, but a trespasser definitely beat me to the sheds.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:12 PM

I guess that most of us are just not wired that way. I could never take a trail camera or anything that another hunter leaves in the woods, all of this cost alot of money. I just don't understand how that person or any other thief could put that camera up and not feel the guilt.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about your loss, Joey... yeah, last year I had my first stand stolen from me. It truly is sad to think that these imbeciles probably call themselves hunters as well.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

thats never good man. Ihad a double bull, and a summit climber stolen from me this year, ON THE SAME DAY!!! That was my first experience with people stealin stuff. I dont remember a time that i was more mad than i was then.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that Joey. I wouldn't run a game cam here for that reason. Hopefully you nail him.

Since this guy made your life miserable and is a local... start a rumor that they only stole one of the camera but were caught on another.

If youcould post it in the cafes, grocery store, bow shop and etc where they frequent. Put your phone number, the area where it was stolenand say they've got a month to make it right or the police will be envolved. Make them sweat!!!

While it might not work, it probably will keep them out of your area for a while.

Tim
Old 03-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that Joey, I had my double bull blind stolen a couple years ago...sucked... 300.00 gondo..

natural ground blinds these days.. lol

Old 03-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

hopefully they will be coming out with an affordable tracking device that can be activated to transmit a gps coord. Than just a matter of tracking the bum down.

Quick Reply: Tresspassing Thief!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.