Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
buy the double bull
58.82%
go natural
41.18%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

go natural or buy it?

Old 03-09-2007, 06:34 PM

Default go natural or buy it?

i bowhunter heavy hunted public land in a city in Pa, and i always used natural blinds. but i was looking and reading alot about double bull. the deer that i hunt and my freinds hunt are jumpy and they say that i would get busted evey time in it.i shot a doe at 10yrds. with a stool and a tree behind me at about 3 feet and saw a low 160 to 170in buck at 45 yrds.should i buy it or keep going natural? i cant use a tree stand to! thanks and sorry for repeating my question
Old 03-09-2007, 06:37 PM

Default RE: bowhunters what do you think

although i have never owned the double bull, i would say that it would be better as long as you can break it up really good. and you will be protected from the elements much better in a double bull than is a natural blind. and since you cant use a treestand id say invest the money into a nice blind.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I where you .. I would get the Double Bull Matrix or the T5 model , you won't regret it .
Think about it ... your going to be doing alot of hunting in all kinds of weather , a nice blind like the Double Bull will come in pretty handy.
Talk to gregholland , he sell's these blinds and he'll give you a good deal , you can find him in the classifieds under hunting gear section.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 PM

Shot a doe out of a Matrix last fall......They work.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you really want to get a DB. You're probably going to get the same responses as before. Get one. Then you can have the option of using it or natural blind. They are the best pop-up blind. You could use it if you ever hunted other areas. As RDHunter said, good for inclement weather. Really, the only drawback is price. I have a Doghouse TSC and love it. I don't use it a lot and it does fine for me but the DB is definitely a better blind. If I get to where I don't climb trees anymore I'll be getting a DB.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:32 PM

I have one on order right now. Im getting it for turkey and deer.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 PM

What I have found out is blinds are great if your careful getting in and out. And if you put them up and leave them there for a while so the deer get use to them. Just my 2 cents
Old 03-10-2007, 10:21 AM

i would like to know what others think and it would take a couple summer checks to buy it i only work in the summer cause i'm in school
Old 03-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

IF you can leave the blind up & brushed in it is fine. Deer "USUALLY-not always" shy away from them if they haven't been up for awhile. I have an Ameristep & love it-have another I just ordered. NOT AS PRICY AS db. Does excellent job for me.
We cannot leave our blinds up in Public areas I Bowhunt.
I use either a ladder stand or Stick ladder & a hang on in my public areas.
Good Luck. Ground hunting is fine-took MANY a Deer b/4 they thought about climbing into a tree.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

PaBowhunter, Maybe check into a cheaper blind starting out. While most aren't as good as DB's they will serve you fine until you can get a DB. That way you can try them out and see if you like blind hunting without spending a ton. Here are a couple you might like http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-EASTMAN-OUTFITTERS-CARBON-VENTURE-BLIND_W0QQitemZ120095085367QQcategoryZ7305QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-VENOM-XTREME-SERIES-X3-HUB-HUNTING-BLIND_W0QQitemZ180093992293QQcategoryZ7305QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERISTEP-DOGHOUSE-TSC-BLIND-REVERSIBLE-ADVANTAGE-MAX_W0QQitemZ290092562704QQcategoryZ7305QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERISTEP-BIGHOUSE-TSC-BLIND-ADVANTAGE-MAX-4-CAMO-NEW_W0QQitemZ330097394944QQcategoryZ7305QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got a Doghouse TSC which is larger than a regular doghouse. It also has a zip in floor which is kind of nice. You could get any of these and they'd do you fine until you get ready for a DB.

Quick Reply: go natural or buy it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.