Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When is it safe to buy?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Default When is it safe to buy?

What time of year is it safe to assume all the new products for the year are out and available?

I am going to buy a bunch of stuff in the near future but I hate to jump too soon and then see some new lines of gear come out that I could have just waited for.

I am mostly talking about archery/hunting stuff........not really worried about clothes.

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 AM

Default RE: When is it safe to buy?

My family has always waited until late spring - we figured thats enough time for all of the shows to wind down and for stuff to hit the mainstream.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would say around September or Octorber , thats when all the new stuff comes out as it close to the season.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

im with RD..alot of the items will be out by spring..but come late summer early fall they really hit the market. took them forever to get Highlanders out last year...well worth the wait!! just an example...but it wasnt out till atleast spring or early summer i believe..
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

What exactly is it you are looking for archery tackle or hunting accessories?

For the most part all of the new archery gear has been released although some of it is still trickling to the dealers.
[/align]
Old 03-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

For the most part most archery bows and accesories companies try and show off their new products at ATA or other popular trade shows. Usually in the beginning of the year. You can then expect a slow trickle of these items to arrive at the shops.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:19 PM

I usually do the majority of my shopping around August because that is when Bass Pro has their big hunting sales. I dont know how much of the new items will be on sale, but this is when i do my shopping, and also when i start to get pumped up for the season.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually wait for the Cabelas and Bass Pro archery catalogs to come out. I know when they are out that's when most of the new stuff has hit the market and will be in other retailers too.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

What exactly is it you are looking for archery tackle or hunting accessories?

For the most part all of the new archery gear has been released although some of it is still trickling to the dealers.

Both...........mostly bow related stuff right now though. Sights, rests, stabilizers, releases, vibration dampeners, arrows, and other misc goodies. like targets and tuning gadgets.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suspect most of the retailers are getting the newest stuff in now. A lot of it is promoted at the shows in the early part of the year and folks start getting things in March or April. At least those I deal with.

Quick Reply: When is it safe to buy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.