Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

That's good and fine to be high quality clothing, but the part that hurts is the damn cost. Like I said before, you can get quality for 1/3 of the price. If I knew the carbon worked, I wouldn't mind it. I had stated in an earlier forum that when I first started out, I hunted for for years in blue jeans, and flannel shirts.I hadkilled plenty of quality bucks,and Iwasn't kidding about it.My friends always broke my balls, but I didn't care, I had the meat in the freezer.Who knows, it's a matter of preference. It's nice to decked out in the latest gear.......Hey, please send me a PM when someone donates their carbon clothing to the sight!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

I will be the first to agree the price is too much. But we live in a capitalist country, thank goodness, and you charge what you can get. I assure you if it really was junk they wouldn't be getting those prices for it. I actually bought a Cabela's 3-D carbon suit first and wore it once, had 6 does within 5 yards, drew on them, spooked them and they walked off. The edges of the leafs on the suit seemed to catch on each other and the cloth of the suit. When I drew back the leaves caught and made a slight noise. That was the major reason I took it back. Plus, the jacket and pants had NO pockets and the pants had no belt loop, only a stretch waist. It, IMO, was not quality. I bought it because it was cheaper. But I figured if I couldn't bow hunt with it because of noise it was pretty much useless. I took it back and bought a ScentBlocker 3D RealLeaf suit. It was more money but it has lots of pockets, comfy, well built. The carbon lining zips out so I can just use the camo suit. Front, back, and cargo pockets, zip legs, belt loop on the pants. Cargo pockets on the jacket. I used to take a fanny pack but now what I take in the woods fits in the pockets. Big plus for me. I like to pack for speed. I've looked at other camo and nothing else was as good. Simple as that.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CroxbowKilla

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
brüderlich zusammenhält.
von der Maas bis an die Memel,
von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt!

Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
sollen in der Welt behalten
ihren alten schönen Klang,
uns zu edler Tat begeistern
unser ganzes Leben lang.
Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach laßt uns alle streben
brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes,
blühe, deutsches Vaterland.
Du hast ein vogel.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

He has a bird?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

DER NEVE IDIOT DAUERT NICHT LANG !!
Old 03-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

He has a bird?
It is an insult to tell someone they have a bird. It means that they are nuts!!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Got it.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Don,
When I read the title of the thread I thought we were going to talk about different "snake oils." But, it seems the only one you are talking about is carbon clothing. We know from many previous threads that you don't believe in carbon clothing. (I don't either) I would like to know what other products you think are "snake oils." That or change the title of the thread to "Do you respect TV shows that promote carbon clothing."

Like I said, we've read the carbon bashing threads a hundred times. I was hoping this thread was going to be different.
Dan, I wanted to hear what others think about "snake oils" being overly promoted on TV hunting shows. I am open for any more "snake oils" that you or others feel dominate or are ridiculous gimmmicks. This one carbon infomercial show is what really struck a nerve with me.From what I have gathered is that most people don't care if you are selling beach front property in New Orleans on your hunting show, they ignore the commericials or just plain don't watch any hunting shows as the shows are all lame. Whatever pays the bills. I am doing research, I can't label all of the snake oils and burn all of my bridges.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Speaking of snake oil, does anyone know where I can get some hen in heat spray. A guy on TV said it worked awesome......
Old 03-11-2007, 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Don,
When I read the title of the thread I thought we were going to talk about different "snake oils." But, it seems the only one you are talking about is carbon clothing. We know from many previous threads that you don't believe in carbon clothing. (I don't either) I would like to know what other products you think are "snake oils." That or change the title of the thread to "Do you respect TV shows that promote carbon clothing."

Like I said, we've read the carbon bashing threads a hundred times. I was hoping this thread was going to be different.
Dan, I wanted to hear what others think about "snake oils" being overly promoted on TV hunting shows. I am open for any more "snake oils" that you or others feel dominate or are ridiculous gimmmicks. This one carbon infomercial show is what really struck a nerve with me.From what I have gathered is that most people don't care if you are selling beach front property in New Orleans on your hunting show, they ignore the commericials or just plain don't watch any hunting shows as the shows are all lame. Whatever pays the bills. I am doing research, I can't label all of the snake oils and burn all of my bridges.

No problem. Actually, I have no problem what anybody uses or endorses. I am smart enough and a good enough hunter to know when something will or won't work.

Wait a minute......if I saw anyone using a Deer View Mirror, I'd have to slap them.....

Quick Reply: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.