Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

LOL! Please dont give-em any ideas. You better delete that one before someone with power has a light bulb go off in their head! [:'(]
Old 03-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Carbon clothing is great stuff. Don, you stated in one of your many previous carbon bashing threads that you had a carbon coat and it was junk, etc., etc., etc. How do you know its junk if you aren't even trying the product? You only have a coat? At least that's what you said in your post. Nothing about pants, head covering, a complete suit - only a coat. And that means you've actually tried to use the stuff properly? According to you, you've got tons of money to spend so why don't you go buy a COMPLETE suit, read the instructions, and take it into the field a few times. Then if you don't like it GIVE it to a member here on HNI. You would be doing so much good. You would have actually given the product a fair shake, whether it performed or not, you'd probably make someone very happy with a new suit. Or you could even have a contest where all of you viewers sent in an essay why they hate carbon clothing and the best one wins the suit. You could also show that you are morally above your fellow TV hunting stars. Walk the walk.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

Carbon clothing is great stuff. Don, you stated in one of your many previous carbon bashing threads that you had a carbon coat and it was junk, etc., etc., etc. How do you know its junk if you aren't even trying the product? You only have a coat? At least that's what you said in your post. Nothing about pants, head covering, a complete suit - only a coat. And that means you've actually tried to use the stuff properly? According to you, you've got tons of money to spend so why don't you go buy a COMPLETE suit, read the instructions, and take it into the field a few times. Then if you don't like it GIVE it to a member here on HNI. You would be doing so much good. You would have actually given the product a fair shake, whether it performed or not, you'd probably make someone very happy with a new suit. Or you could even have a contest where all of you viewers sent in an essay why they hate carbon clothing and the best one wins the suit. You could also show that you are morally above your fellow TV hunting stars. Walk the walk.
LOL, Like I said, google carbon reactivation and that is all the proof I need. Have guys that know about carbon clothings' inability to reactivate the carbon and have them write an essay on why they hate it so they can win it?? The winner is going to want my Double Bull blind or something that actually works, don't you think?[8D] I would rather give the money to my church or the needy than fleece the pockets of a company that is dupingfellow hunters and the novice, young hunterinto a gimmick.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
brüderlich zusammenhält.
von der Maas bis an die Memel,
von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt!

Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
sollen in der Welt behalten
ihren alten schönen Klang,
uns zu edler Tat begeistern
unser ganzes Leben lang.
Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach laßt uns alle streben
brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes,
blühe, deutsches Vaterland.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wont lie. I recently bought a Scent Blocker suit to go to Illinois with. I couldn't tell you if it works or not. I saw tons of deer, alot of nice bucks, had a bunch come into range, messed up the shot of a lifetime, and got winded a few times. I will say the Scent Blockerfleece suit is very comfortable, very expensive, but very comfortable. I could of bought a comfortable fleece suit, without carbon for 1/3 of the price. The one thing I can tell you is that I never stopped hunting the wind,....never..............Does this mean I could stop drying the *#&! out of my scent blocker suit?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Don,
When I read the title of the thread I thought we were going to talk about different "snake oils." But, it seems the only one you are talking about is carbon clothing. We know from many previous threads that you don't believe in carbon clothing. (I don't either) I would like to know what other products you think are "snake oils." That or change the title of the thread to "Do you respect TV shows that promote carbon clothing."

Like I said, we've read the carbon bashing threads a hundred times. I was hoping this thread was going to be different.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

The part about winning the suit was meant as sort of a sarcastic joke. Glad you saw the humor. But don't take the easy way out, here. Was your previous post correct in that you only have a jacket? Curious viewers want to know. The truth is, you've never used a complete suit. You base it all on technical data that doesn't even pertain to what is at issue. You're citing technical data concerning the industrial use of carbon. Don, what we're talking about here is clothing that we use for recreation. It does not have to perform to government specs for it to have some usefulness. You can never prove that is does NOT WORK TO SOME DEGREE, which is all those of us who use it can expect. No different than us using scent covers, baking soda, or anything else. Is baking soda a magic fail-safe potion with scientific fact that it works for deer? NO. But we try it and we have positive experiences with it. Same as carbon suits. Now come on and tell us, have you EVER actually tried a complete suit? Let all these young viewers know that you haven't actually tried it but they should take your word over countless others who've bought and continue to buy and use the product. Take the challenge. Go buy a suit and actually try it with an open mind. If it doesn't work then you could give it to your church for a raffle. Yes, the church is a good choice as I'm sure they would agree with you that science is the end-all word to everything.

And much like Carnac the Magnificent, I predict there will be NO direct yes or no to the question of whether a complete suit has been ever owned or used as well as no acceptance of ACTUALLY trying it. I'm slow to bash something until I've actually tried it. I've been surprised both ways.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

You won't last long here.CK
Old 03-10-2007, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: pigiron

Thanks for stating that Crossbowkilla, Your right on the money.
*You're

Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pigiron

I wont lie. I recently bought a Scent Blocker suit to go to Illinois with. I couldn't tell you if it works or not. I saw tons of deer, alot of nice bucks, had a bunch come into range, messed up the shot of a lifetime, and got winded a few times. I will say the Scent Blockerfleece suit is very comfortable, very expensive, but very comfortable. I could of bought a comfortable fleece suit, without carbon for 1/3 of the price. The one thing I can tell you is that I never stopped hunting the wind,....never..............Does this mean I could stop drying the *#&! out of my scent blocker suit?
pigiron, that's about what we all expect. We still do everything else to keep our scent down/away. Yes, you can still get busted wearing the clothes. That shouldn't surprise anyone. Nobody said it was magic. It's just another tool we use. Besides that, its quality made clothing. I would have bought my jacket and pants regardless because they have the exact pockets that I was wanting.

By the way, spreken zie deutsch?

Quick Reply: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.