Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM

Default RE: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

To be honest I just don't respect most hunting shows.
I am with Charlie on this one. I see more unethical and unprofessional crap there than anyplace else in the hunting world. Ted Nugent is the worst of them all in my opinion. A rightist who runs his mouth without any citation...
Some of these shows make hunting look bad and awefully commercial...and we wonder why PETAs ranks are growing...[&:]
Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 AM

No, I don't.

Chances are even the hunters on the shows being filmed don't believe 100% in the products they're promoting. There is too much information out there scientifically proving that carbon can't be reactivated for anyone to honestly believe that carbon clothing is as effective as they claim.

The hunters on film promoting it are likely doing so because they want to keep their sponsors. I have a feeling you and Sarah are a lot like I am in this regard, Don; I won't promote or endorse any product I don't whole heartedly believe in.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

But, on the other side of that we will not indorse or use something we do not believe in no matter how much money is offered.
Your speaking for yourself here and not all personalities right?

Don; I won't promote or endorse any product I don't whole heartedly believe in.
Your on TV what show?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't watch hunting shows much at all. They all suck and embarres me. Sent loc clothing is a joke. My buddy wears it and I smell him soon as he gets in the truck, but he is kind of a stinky bast===. Your clothes have to be super clean and scent free every time afield. You give yourself away enough every time you enter and exit the woods. No since in letting them know you are there by your carbon clothing that hasn't been washed in a month and only put in the dryer. Next we will see guys sitting in trees with a 6 foot camo condom on.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Your on TV what show?
lol I spit coke acrossed my monitor....Good one!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you Campo, you summed it up in a nut shell. Nugent is ruining it for all of us. His assinine TV show is not the kind of exposure hunters need. More fuel for the antis. As for dvds and hunting videos , there so over produced and edited it's ridiculous. I'd rather watch an amature, self made video, from an average Joe hunter.......By the way, I'm notsaying camo doesn't work or isn't a must, but when I first started bowhunting, I went a good 6 or 7 years without camo. I mean nothing but blue jeans, flannel shirt, and a John Deere hat (the hat was dark green). Anyway I took plenty of bucks, and some damn good onesat that...........One thing that I know has been proven without a doubt..........Stay downwind!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some of these shows make hunting look bad and awefully commercial...and we wonder why PETAs ranks are growing...
Forget PETA. How about why it now costs thousands of dollars to go shoot a singlewhitetail deer.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't endorse any products at all on my hunting show. It's 100% fair chase, free of product-influence.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the same episode that Hardcorehunter saw, and it wasn't just promoting a product....it was an infomercial masquerading as a hunting show. I commented on it a few weeks ago that I have never seen such a blatant attempt by a sponser to highjack a show (except maybe the Zumbo show, which is an infomercial for Remington).

I watch a few hunting shows, mainly those on the Sportsman's Channel that don't have the big name/money sponsers.....yet.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya, Quick. I told my sponsors I'd never do that. I won't sell out. I've made all my pro-staffers sign a form stating their allegiance, also.

Quick Reply: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.