Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 AM

Default RE: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Fred is my favorite too and he would be my choice of celebrity hunters to share a camp with. The guy is a class act IMO. He is no sellout, that is for sure. Seems like he only has 4 animals to go and he has killed every big game animal in North America with a bow. What is the guy, maybe 35? Yep, his hunts, his style and his personality are to be admired IMO. He is a great rep for the archery hunting industry.
Actually he has 2. The Stone Sheep and Desert Sheep. Awsome man.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

To answer the question.......no I do not respect those kind of shows. My favorite shows are actually the lower budget ones that show real hunting and real conditions in real scenarios.

I like the guys who are genuine........the guys and gals that you can tell are doing it for because it is a passion.

I understand the sponsers make it easier and I don't think profit is a dirty word, but promoting something in a false manner just to sell it is wrong IMO.Yeah the Scent Blocker Scent shield stuff is almost laughable IMO expecially when the TV huntes contribute all of the success to the clothingwhen studies indicate that reactivating or regenerating the carbon in nearly impossible as suggested by the company. They also do the same thing with many other products but I think the clothign is a lightning rodbecause of the cost and the proof that it does not work as advertised. I guess I just tune them out or change the channel when the infomercials start.