Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Old 03-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Next thing you'll see is some idiot putting his wife in a Bikini ina stand tree to get ratings. Like the ones on that fishing show...............................wait I watch that one some times.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Next thing you'll see is some idiot putting his wife in a Bikini ina stand tree to get ratings. Like the ones on that fishing show...............................wait I watch that one some times.
I was thinking more along the lines of a naked girl, painted with camo..you've seen the pics from Mardi-gras where the "clothes" are just paint...You could do any pattern you wanted!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster

nope ,,,if they had to hunt like real people ,like we do they would starve to death..
I think that if you want to show the kids how the average guy hunts you should look for some of the smaller video companies out there, they do it for the love of it and it shows! When I watch some of the big name videos nothing burns me up than when a guy shoots a 160” and says “ Gee, that is a good deer” like this is something you see every day! I would rather see a guy shoot a 120” and come unglued. Then you know he has worked his butt off to get the deer and to him it is a great trophy! Just my 2 cents!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Ya know.....That guy is NO idiot. Hell....I've often thought I could put my wife in a bikini and have her sit with me dove hunting......film it.....and make a living .
Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think if my wife were sitting next to me in a bikini in the woods, my weapon would be lying on the ground somewhere and I'd be doing other things...
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

No Don, I do not respect those who are supposed tobe the spokesmen for our sport who sell outfor a couple extra bucks. I would like to think that they got into the industry because of their love for hunting and not for love of money. Naive, sure, but that doesn'tmake it wrong. If theywere sellingme a car I would expect them to talk me into a bunch of crap I don't need, but I don't want them tobe selling me anything except entertainment. To me, it would seem that if your show were the most entertaining, the sponsors would fall into place. Honestly, my favoritehunting show currently is Easton Bowhunting b/c Fred Eichler is an absolute bowhunting nut! His enthusiasm is over the top and even annoying sometimes, but it beats the guys who seemlike they don't even care and are just happy to sound like a NASCAR driver when they kill something "Well he came in and the HArdees, IBM, Hoyt Vetrix just handled perfectlyand we were able to put this one on the ground." Makes me change the channel.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah, huntingson.....I like Fred, too......but 'Ol Fred ALSO married the lady who owns Muzzy!

Nothing like finding a sponsor the old fashioned way, huh? Just marry your money!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: huntingson

No Don, I do not respect those who are supposed tobe the spokesmen for our sport who sell outfor a couple extra bucks. I would like to think that they got into the industry because of their love for hunting and not for love of money. Naive, sure, but that doesn'tmake it wrong. If theywere sellingme a car I would expect them to talk me into a bunch of crap I don't need, but I don't want them tobe selling me anything except entertainment. To me, it would seem that if your show were the most entertaining, the sponsors would fall into place. Honestly, my favoritehunting show currently is Easton Bowhunting b/c Fred Eichler is an absolute bowhunting nut! His enthusiasm is over the top and even annoying sometimes, but it beats the guys who seemlike they don't even care and are just happy to sound like a NASCAR driver when they kill something "Well he came in and the HArdees, IBM, Hoyt Vetrix just handled perfectlyand we were able to put this one on the ground." Makes me change the channel.
Very funny NASCAR joke I like that!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT, he is smarter than me. I married my debt
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Fred is my favorite too and he would be my choice of celebrity hunters to share a camp with. The guy is a class act IMO. He is no sellout, that is for sure. Seems like he only has 4 animals to go and he has killed every big game animal in North America with a bow. What is the guy, maybe 35? Yep, his hunts, his style and his personality are to be admired IMO. He is a great rep for the archery hunting industry.

Quick Reply: Do you respect TV shows that promote "Snake Oil"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.