Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

so this is how its done!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default so this is how its done!

So this is how its done.....

http://www.livevideo.com/video/C4E60FBD7AA94697AF76D2CC91BBA837/deer-stalker.aspx
Old 03-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: so this is how its done!

Do you think that is a high fence deer? Been around humans much?I do. BTW, anyone want to try that on public land?
Old 03-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt in my mind it's a high fence buck. No buck in the wild is going to stick around for that(exept for that black tailed buck who kicked that hunters ass years ago). The mans lucky he didn't get impailed.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Around Chicago in the forest preserves the deer are so tame you can do that w/p the antlers! No hunting allowed at all.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it necessarily had to be a high fence to get up on a buck like that.
I've done nearly the same thing twice before. During peak rut a few years back, a big buck had just lost a fight and ran across a field right to my buddy and I. The buck was in a mood to fight and my buddy had his rattling antlers with him. I held them up to my head and walked slowly towards the buck and got within about 12 feet before got nerveous enough to leave the area.BTW - we were at the truck and had just put our gear away.
Another time, this last season, I was walking back to my truck yet again and came upon a button buck bedded down next to the trail. I didn't feel like shooting a BB so I decided to watch him instead. I was able to walk within 10 feet of him to get my gear back to my truck and get my video camera. Then went back and video'd this BB for almost an hour as he browsed on leaves, he and I walking slowly down the trail together.
I guess it depends on their mood and the perceived threat level.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:27 AM

it would of been pretty funny if that buck would have layed his ears back, hair stood up, postured and then proceeded to whoop dudes butt.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:19 AM

where's Neillsville?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a nice buck the guy was playing with there.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ona preserve where i hike you can go up and pet the deer
Old 03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only deer you can pet in Jerseyare the ones that hang on poles!.. I've noticed that grunt calls and bleats don't even work as well in Jersey, as they do in the midwest. (at least from my area anyway, never hunted the northern counties)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.