Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

s-coil

Old 03-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: s-coil

They do the same thing as an $80 Fuse one for a 1/4 of the price. I have one on my Old Glory and it is great for sound and vibration, very little of which is needed.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Experiment this summer. I have an experiment tray that probably has 500.00 worth of crap in it. But what I mean, is that a heavy stabilizer for 3D is probably a good idea, but for hunting, ditch all the extra weight that you can.I use a tranquilizer, it is light and works. But as well as I know my name, I am going to buy an s coil and try it.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys.

Z thanx for the offer...i appriciate that..mighty kind of you..i got a gander in the area..

KS..i dont want to fill a box with 500$ of experiments..thats why i posted...one day im sure i will have a box of stuff i tried out...im sure my Shock Blocker will be in there...but right now being in college and only working a couple months a year i just want to put my money where its needed...the stabilizer is LAST on the list. if all i buy this summer is string and cables and new arrows i will be fine..my bow works..but a new rest and sites are also on the list..

do you guys think if i took my to the shop they would let me test stabilizers if they knew i was willing to buy and pay the range fee?? that may be an option for me...we all know all bows are diffrent. the Highlander is my first bow..and only bow ive shot...for all i know it IS quiet and shock free...i dont know..thats the problem..hmm
Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

mauser check this link out if you are interested in the doinker 7 inch.
They are on sale here. http://archery-experts.stores.yahoo.net/dod27pl4in1.html
Old 03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the MiniS-Coil, only 3 1/2".Just for extra dampening, not thatthe Vectrixreally needs it.I like it because it won't hang me up on things.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

heres an upclose one

I would also recomend going the doinker route...
Old 03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

id get the FUSE you were talking about
Old 03-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

I used Doinkers and they are good stabilizers but then bought an S-Coil and was very impressed with it. I couldn't believe how good my bow felt with that cheap stabilizer. I lost it and bought a Vibracheck, which is also a good one but I wouldn't say it was better than the S-Coil. The SC is light but my bow feels well balanced without a stabilizer so it was fine in that area. Nice to see you can still buy good products at a decent price.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your shop should let you try one out for free, thats what I did. I tried all kinds out an the S-Coil felt the best for my set up so thats what I got! Good luck!
Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I use the MiniS-Coil, only 3 1/2".Just for extra dampening, not thatthe Vectrixreally needs it.I like it because it won't hang me up on things.
Same bow same stabilizer(in camo)here... really just for asthestic appeal becausethe bowlooked bare and awkward without one, thensecondly because it fits in my SKB without disassembly. Noticed a little noise suppression as well, not that there was much to suppress to begin with.

Hey early, just wondering... what rest are you using?

Quick Reply: s-coil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.