Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will it work?

Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: will it work?

You're basically describing a ghillie suit and it should work well. The strips might interfere with your shooting a bow,I've never tried it. You can also sew on strips of burlap and other earth tones. If you've ever seen a ghillie suit you'd be impressed. Many military snipers use them.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:08 PM

seems like a waste of time. Just the camo on it's own should break you up enough. Why don't you just use the sneaky leaf that you use for turkey hunting?
Old 03-09-2007, 06:28 PM

it makes some noise when drawing my bow
Old 03-10-2007, 07:46 AM

Works decent for a gun, but sort of pain with a bow. If you didn't have to draw the bow I guess it would be alright. I have enough trouble getting my string to clear my hunting clothes without adding things that hang off from them.

Are you hunting from the ground or a tree? If from a tree stand I see no need for this at all. Heck if you did it right you should be able to hunt with jeans and a flannel shirt. I've seen it done. Heck I killed my first deer wearing black jeans and a camo T-shirt out of a 16 foot ladder stand.

Paul
Old 03-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

get er' done man! make millions and take us all on an african safari.... it'll work.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Spike

it wil work for you...and it does help break up your outline.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Works decent for a gun, but sort of pain with a bow. If you didn't have to draw the bow I guess it would be alright. I have enough trouble getting my string to clear my hunting clothes without adding things that hang off from them.

Are you hunting from the ground or a tree? If from a tree stand I see no need for this at all. Heck if you did it right you should be able to hunt with jeans and a flannel shirt. I've seen it done. Heck I killed my first deer wearing black jeans and a camo T-shirt out of a 16 foot ladder stand.

Paul
i;m on the ground
Old 03-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

I think he meant it will break up you shilouet, or prevent the animal from seeing a blob (not that you are) when approaching. I have tried tieing cedar limbs to my legs when stalking it works.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:08 AM

I just read your other post about the blind. I say get the blind, then you will not have to worry so much about what you wear as long as it's dark and the deer can't see you in it.

I am thinking of going with a good blind instead of a stand for next year, especially for gun season.

Paul
Old 03-10-2007, 04:35 PM

go for it man!
ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I just read your other post about the blind. I say get the blind, then you will not have to worry so much about what you wear as long as it's dark and the deer can't see you in it.

I am thinking of going with a good blind instead of a stand for next year, especially for gun season.

Paul

Quick Reply: will it work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.