Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Innovative Tree Stands?...

Old 03-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Innovative Tree Stands?...

Any of you guys ever used these tree stands? They look like they would work great on almost any tree and they are pretty light.

Other then the extremely annoying website (http://www.innovativetreestands.com/) i like what i see...
Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Innovative Tree Stands?...

The website pissed me off enough I don't want one!!! Look similar ( in platform) to the Chippewa treestands.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:19 AM

They look alright. The picture on the leveler page of the guy holding the buck looks like photoshop, as his head looks little big for the body!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:24 AM

I once suited up in my rock climbing gear and didnt even take a treestand. I climbed up the branches till I found a nice perch, attached myself to the tree with a SERENE anchor(Anyone who climbs will know what this means) and basically hung there for three hours. Now, I did take a break from the hanging to prop myself among the limbs (anyone who has hung from a rock climbing harness knows that the, ahem, boys can get a little crowded). To be honest, It was not half bad, a more comfy harness would have been nice, but asides from that it was pretty decent.
How is that for innovative?[8D]
Old 03-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha, i dont think that will work for my setup. It might be a little difficult for the camera man...
Old 03-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

These people have too much time on their hands, and their thinking too hard.Some are innovative, but you sure as hell don't need that bent ladder to get up in a crooked tree..... Those crooks are easier to get up than the straight ones. I've bought a few stands that are light weight, for when I need to move around(Millenium & Gorilla)...But most of the stands I hunt in that stay stationary, I make myself. One piece of 3" channel iron, 3 pieces of 24" angle, and a tractor seat fron Farm & Country.Their the most comfortablestands I have. You have to be a bull to get-em up in trees, but It's worth it. At least for me anyway. I tend to stay away from ladder stands, I'd rather be perched up in a cedar or pine about 30-35'
Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

I once suited up in my rock climbing gear and didnt even take a treestand. I climbed up the branches till I found a nice perch, attached myself to the tree with a SERENE anchor(Anyone who climbs will know what this means) and basically hung there for three hours. Now, I did take a break from the hanging to prop myself among the limbs (anyone who has hung from a rock climbing harness knows that the, ahem, boys can get a little crowded). To be honest, It was not half bad, a more comfy harness would have been nice, but asides from that it was pretty decent.
How is that for innovative?[8D]
That sounds similar to the Tree Saddle. I just got one and can't wait to start practicing from it.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 AM

Yep...same concept, just a hell of alot cheaper when you have all the slings, harnesses, carabiners, and stat rope already in hand.
Was going to improve on the design this fall, but now that I am moving to Durango, CO, I dont think I will be up in the trees much. I am going to need to get into shape to attack them Elks.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

I dunno..they look kinda neat and how they are designed and how it can go on basically anytree but the question is, how many people really hunt outta crooked trees
Old 03-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of my favorite stands to hunt in was called the "leanin tree". It was on some private ground my family owned. 100 acres of thick pine woods, small hunting cabin, lake, windmill, and wine cellar! They called it Ponderosa.( I guess you can see I love to talk about the past) In any case, I'll hunt out of a leaning tree, so long as it's not completeley uprooted, and it's right where I want to be set up. If you run the tree spikes right up the leaning side, it's actually easier to climb. If the tree isn't too far crooked, but just enough, it'll make your lock-on a little more comfy. Kinda like a recliner chair. If it'sleaning too far for that set-up, I usually put up one of my home made stands on the side, because they get lag-bolted through the channel iron.

Quick Reply: Innovative Tree Stands?...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.