Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Armour Plated Doe

Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Armour Plated Doe

OMG, fixed blade heads are terrible everyone should dump them and start using mechs. Muzzys arejunk! You guys that shoot fixed heads are slob hunters that take poor shots thinking your fixed blade heads can do anything!!!

OK, before anyone gets too fired up, that was extreme sarcasm poking fun of the anti-mechanical crowd. All in fun guys, it just goes to show that wierd things can happen no matter what equipment you use.

Back to enjoying your breakfast.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

OMG, fixed blade heads are terrible everyone should dump them and start using mechs. Muzzys arejunk! You guys that shoot fixed heads are slob hunters that take poor shots thinking your fixed blade heads can do anything!!!

OK, before anyone gets too fired up, that was extreme sarcasm poking fun of the anti-mechanical crowd. All in fun guys, it just goes to show that wierd things can happen no matter what equipment you use.

Back to enjoying your breakfast.
Hahah, i can just see peoples faces turning red as they read that first paragraph
Old 03-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

i shot one this year quartering away at 10 yards and it wentin good and ended up coming out the briskit andgetting the jugular.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: monsterbucks2011

i shot one this year quartering away at 10 yards and it wentin good and ended up coming out the briskit andgetting the jugular.
Jugular...sounds messy!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a buddy a few years ago who was just getting in to bow hunting. We went on a hog hunt near where we lived in SC in early October and saw a few on the edge of a field, just out from an old logging path. We swung around and had the wind perfect. We snuck up to 32 yards from a large boar, in the 225# range. My buddy was shooting an older PSE that he picked up at a pawn shop. Just a starter bow, but he shot it very well and had taken a few smaller pigs and a deer with it already that year. If memory serves me, he was shooting 2117s and 100gr Thunderheads, which are excellent broadheads in my opinion. He shot the hog a little forward at dead broadside and the arrow lodged in the shield. The hog squeeled, whipped around, bit the arrow off and trotted away like nothing happened. Only got about 1.5" of penetration. Just goes to show how hard those shoulders are on older pigs. Stopped that arrow cold. Later that same day, he shot a 300# sow quartering away and got a complete pass through. She was dead inside 75 yards.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shooting an arrow straight between two ribs is going to react different than shooting between ribs at an angle. I to have had this happen and i think you get some deflection on the angled shots. but as long as it does the job all is good. Its just harder on arrows.