Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you benefited from other HNI bowhunters?

Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you benefited from other HNI bowhunters?

Granted I have picked up info from reading the posts but I enjoy the stories/pictures of forum member's scouting, hunting and shedhunting of different areas I will probably never experience. I enjoy the bowhunting contest and getting to know my team.

To name all the people that make this forum a great one would be quite a list. Motown's replies are a must read. nuff said!!!

This is a good place with a lot of good people.

Tim

Old 03-07-2007, 08:56 PM

I came to HNI looking for technical and tuning information. I had a problem bow, and to tell you the truth I thought I knew it all. I was very humbled by the amount of knowledge and expierence that exists on this forum. The things I have learned could fill a book.
I am greatful and thankful this site exists.
I won't mention any names because I don't wantto leave anyone out , but from Hoyt experts to the guys w/ the woodsmanship skills and everyone in between....you just keep postin'. I'll be listening.
And I'll throw my 2 cents in when I can.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:18 PM

If I had to nail down one specific thing, I would have to give credit to buckeyebuckhntr for his instruction to STOP HUNTING SIGN and hunt deer!! No, I didn't kill a buck last year, but I've learned more from him than space in this post will allow.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I've learned way to much to post, I just hope I have been able to help others. I've tried and I can only hope you've been more successful in bagging a monster then I have.

After 5 failed marriages and 10 children tosupport, when is the next hunt?[8D]
Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've benefited greatly from HNI members.

1. A vast knowledge base to draw from. Period...and a few perspectivesthat we have to wade through.
2. Priceless relationships/friendships have evolved for me personallyand huntingmemories to last a lifetime have already been etched in stone. MORE TO COME!
3. Growing up in a ELK/MULE DEER state...where whitetails were looked down upon...as second rate critters...and being a whitetail junky myself, this place has been my solice. I can't explain how much appreciation and respectI have for whitetail bowhunters.
4. Technical info that I dont have to pay someone for anymore. Sweet!
5. My brothers here that love to hunt theold wisewhitetail buck, not for ego, not for bragging rights but for the pure enjoyment of matching wits with one of the planets most cunning game animals with a bow. Thanks to all of you guys, youknow who you are, you've confirmed and given me many a pointer here and there that really have made a difference over the past 5-6 years.
6. To all thefolks that put up a solid civil debate...thanks for making all of us open our minds and step outside of the box a little..thats good food for the skull.When we open our minds our a$$es follow!
7. thanks to all the young guys/gals here that show so much passion and dedication..to the outdoors and bowhunting..
8. anyone that I have ever been able to help out.. thats what its all about..doing something for someone else..life is short..and someone can always use your help.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ALL of my bowkills have the required HNI footnote.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have learned more about understanding some issues about my bow on here. Not that many bowhunters in this part of Maine so in this area it has done me alot of good. As I am a stalker and enjoy that style of hunting and alot of that info came from the old timers here. Also helping folks out if I can here makes you have a good feeling that hunting will keep on going on. Preservation of the things we like to do would have to be the most important of all here. Good Luck to all.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:11 AM
Dominant Buck

It would take more space than I care to fill to describe all the helpful info that the folks on this and especially the trad forum have imparted to this new bowhunter, I couldn't have made the progress that I have without it though.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is not meant to be a Troy commercial but the reason I participate in this forum is because a couple years ago I was seeking a source of information about strategies for hunting whitetails in the northwest.I had been hunting out there for several years with results that I wasn't satisfied with.I was killing deer consistently but not the caliber of bucks that I knew were out there and what I believed I was capable of taking.
I shot off a PM to Troy who at the time didn't respond because he was in the midst of a move with his family.Some time later though he got back to me with a wealth of information,we started to communicate regularly,he answered some questions on things I wasn't making sense of or putting together the way I should have been.He has helped me tremendously and has become a friend.The biggest asset to this site in my mind is the shared interest and passion that we all have and the willingness of most everyone to give constructive thoughts or advice.
There are some great folks here who are darned good hunters,if someone comes to this site with an open mind,they have to benefit!
The friendships have been the biggest enjoyment,for me in addition to Troy,Fran,Ryan and Scott come to mind there are certainly others as well.I wish I had more time and moohla because it would be a privelege to hunt with any one of these folks.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some good stuff on here,and some stuff that makes me go hMMMMM?

Hated to see Len go, very knowledgable when it comes to bows.

Anybody remember the name of the guy that had sig line similar "hang their heads hunt them in their beds?" I really enjoyed talking with him.

Quick Reply: Have you benefited from other HNI bowhunters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.